Power: The Element of the Divine

Power: It is the ability to make something happen. Power resides in all to a certain degree, and each can use it either constructively or destructively... good and evil, in other words. A balance between these two has existed since the beginning of time, and power is the thing that keeps that balance. Whether it's a conflict for one's own power within, a struggle for political power amongst kings, or a battle for true power between gods and demons, power is both the source and means of the fight.

After staying overnight with the Gerudo in their fortress, Link retrieved Epona, and they travelled back through to Gerudo Valley to find the bridge repaired by the carpenter crew, looking like new. This allowed easy passage back through to Hyrule Plain, whose color looked especially bleak in the waning light of the afternoon. They trotted on through the wide-open fields to the ruins of the city that once was Hyrule Castle Town. Link dismounted Epona at the broken drawbridge so he could cross.

In the scorched marketplace, there were no Stalfos to greet him. However, the masked bodies lying in a row had all reanimated into Redeads who wandered the plaza. Avoiding their petrifying gazes, Link made his way to the place from which he first emerged to find this disarray of destruction. The great oaken doors to the Temple of Time creaked open with the push of his hand, while his mind wondered who it was that, according to Rauru, awaited him inside.

The vast cathedral was empty. He stepped onto the six-sided slab centered on the checkered marble floor of the sanctuary, staring through the Door of Time, at the Pedestal of Time... where this whole mess began.

"I've been waiting for you, Link."

Link spun around to see who entered behind him. It was Sheik.

"Link, the Hero of Time... you've overcome so much to get this far... and I couldn't be prouder of you."

Despite Sheik's cryptic behavior, Link had come to admire him... not just as an ally in his quest, but as a friend. With his knowledge of the six temples, he helped Link through his journey... Link's calling to awaken the new Sages of the Sacred Realm. With their seal, they'll 'bind the evil and return the light of peace to the world...' or so goes the legend passed down by the Sheikah.

"Link, I have things to tell you... please listen."

At last... was it going to be information on the seventh Sage, who apparently did not need to be awakened?

"Another unknown legend of the Triforce passed down by the Shadow Folk..." he began, "says the resting place of the Sacred Triangles, the Sacred Realm, is a mirror that reflects what is in the heart...the heart of one who enters it..."

"One with a righteous heart will lead Hyrule to a golden age of prosperity..." Link recalled the words of Princess Zelda when they first met in the courtyard.

"But if someone with an evil mind has his wish granted, the world will be consumed by evil... precisely..." Sheik responded. "This is true of the Sacred Realm itself; if an evil heart, the Realm will become full of evil; if pure, the Realm will become a paradise.

"This should come as no surprise to you, but what may... is this: The three triangles... they represent balance... a balance that weighs the three forces: Power, Wisdom, and Courage."

"One for each of the three Golden Goddesses..." Link realized, remembering that Din was the Goddess of Power, Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom, and Farore, the Goddess of Courage.

Sheik continued, "If the heart of the one who holds the Sacred Triangles has these forces in balance, that one will gain the True Force to govern all."

"What are you saying?" Link asked.

"If that one's heart is not in balance... the Triforce will separate... into its three parts: Power, Wisdom and Courage."