Ariella (Ariel x Gabriella)

Requested by: Athenae44

So I don't really care about the animated Little Mermaid Show, but I did watch the episode she's in for clarity and... yeah this ship is fine.

And before I talk about it, can I just say I feel like they should've clarified up front that Gabriella was deaf AND MUTE. Because like the way they phrased it felt like they didn't know deaf people could make sounds.

They made it seem like the problem was that she was deaf and that's why she couldn't sing??? Which first of all, deaf people CAN sing that's... not impossible, second of all, THE PROBLEM IS SHE'S FUCKING MUTE. SHE LITERALLY CAN'T PRODUCE A SOUND WHY WEREN'T YOU UP FRONT ABOUT THIS.

Anyway I don't care, into the ship.

It's fine.

I like that Ariel inspires this girl to sing with sign language, I feel like that's just very cute.

Also the moments where Ariel forgets Gabriella can't hear are genuinely adorable.

"GABRIELLA LOOK OUT!!!!"

"Ariel, she's deaf, she can't hear you."

*two seconds later*

"gAbRIElLA lOoK oUT!!!"

Seeing Ariel just constantly mess that up is really cute for some reason. And also the fact that she tried to learn a little bit of sign language throughout the episode??? Adorable.

The girls trying her best with probably the first deaf person she's ever met and I kinda love that.

Yeah they're genuinely fine. Their personalities compliment each other well, and the way they interact is pretty adorable. I just don't care enough about this show to give it a glowing review, sorry.

7/10