Mirana (Mirabel Madrigal x Moana)

Encanto ships, much like the movie, have NO right to be THIS good.

So for the record, Moana is 16, Mirabel is 15.

That's only a one year age difference, so let's proceed.

Did you know that both their voice actors are bisexual??? Do with that what you will. I'm gonna use it to justify the argument that they're both bi icons.

I just think this ship is... good? In theory at least.

Moana and Mirable are both hard working bicons with awesome moms that primarily focus on helping their families. Also their soundtracks were written by Lin Manuel Miranda, THANK FUCK.

They could be good support for each other, given that they both seem really compassionate. Overall they seem like a really functional couple.

And imagine. If they had a kid. What if that kid got like some kind of Water gift (Waterbending/Water creation/some type of rain dancing, etc.), like... that'd be cute right?

All that sounds great to me, but I do actually have a problem with this.

Mirabel's life is mainly focused on her family life, her home that she tried to fix, her family and the area they live in. Moana's entire goal is voyaging and going out into the world to have adventures, Mirabel barely leaves the house because Disney movies are pro quarantine I guess.

I just feel like that would clash, you know? Moana's thirst for adventure and exploration vs Mirabels desire to just be a useful part of her family.

The ship in concept isn't bad, I actually do like it, but that's a HUGE problem for me.

7/10. It's cute but I can't really see it as a happily ever after type of thing.