Christmas at Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

"What is it?" Ron asked curiously.

"I don't know. I think it's some kind of cloak." Harry remarked.

"Well, let's see then. One of you put it on." Ron grinned.

Harry wrapped the cloak around my shoulders and they both gasped. I worried for a minute about it. was there something on it? Did it look terrible?

"What! What! You can't gasp like that and not tell me anything!" I said quickly.

"I know what that is, but they're really rare!" Ron got up and walked around me. "It's an invisibility cloak!"

"Your bodies gone!" Harry exclaimed.

"What?!" I looked down and sure enough, I was see through... Well the cloak was. "I'm invisible! This is so weird and it feels so strange!"

"Let me try!" Harry said excitedly. I gave him the cloak and Ron picked up the wrappings.

"I wonder who gave it to you."

"There was no name. It only said, Use it well." I informed him.

A door upstairs opened and the twins bounded their way down the stairs. Harry quickly took off the cloak and stuffed it out of sight. I agreed, we didn't want to have to share it just yet. It felt strange getting something from an unknown person and claiming that it belonged to our father.

"Happy Christmas!" Fred and George said together.

"Look, Harry and Olivia have Weasley sweaters too." George pointed out.

Both boys were wearing their sweaters, they were blue, one had a yellow F on it and the other a G.

"Their's are even better than ours." Fred said as he inspected my sweater closely. I swatted at him playfully and we chuckled together. "She obviously makes more of an effort if you're not family."

"Why aren't you wearing yours, Ron?" George demanded. "Come on, get it on, they're lovely and warm."

"I hate maroon." Ron complained. He complied anyways and put it on.

"Well your's doesn't have a letter on it." George observed. "I supposed she thinks you don't forget your name. But we're not stupid. We know we are called Gred and Forge."

This made the five of us burst into laughter. Shortly after we had breakfast, played in the snow, lunch, lots of Wizards chess, and dinner. It was definitely the very best Christmas that Harry or I had ever experienced and I was certain it was only to get better every year from now on. Late Christmas night after everyone had gone to bed, Harry and I put on our Weasley sweaters, used the now very useful cloak of invisibility to get to the library and into the restricted section. We both fit wonderfully under the cloak, Harry held the lantern on the outside as we scanned the shelf's for any sort of info on Nicholas Flamel.

"F- is this way." I whispered. "Hmm, famous fire-eaters, fifteenth century fiends, Flamel, Flamel." I taped my chin curiously as I looked through the shelves. Still not seeing anything I sighed. "I see no Flamel."

"Nicholas Flamel..." Harry sighed. "Where are you?"

He carefully pulled the cloak off us both and held the lantern up closer to the books. Hoping maybe we were just missing it. There were a couple unlabeled ones and Harry grabbed one, setting the lantern down. He opened the large heavy book and I looked over his shoulder. Before we could read anything on the page a face appeared within the pages an began screaming loudly.

"Shut it, shut it!" I hissed quietly. Harry slammed the book and quickly put it back in it's place.

"Who's there?" Mr. Filch's voice rang through the air.