8. Penguin Comes Home

SLAP!

It was a blow so hard that Zhao Jiu stumbled back with the force of it. However, the assault did not have much of an effect on his demeanour. He just rubbed his cheek with the back of his hand and kept his gaze lowered.

"Where is he? Where is Yunlan?" Zhao Xinci yelled, his eyes wide in uncontrollable rage. It seemed he would kill his own son.

"I... I helped him escape but I don't know where he wandered off."

"You ungrateful prick..." Hong snapped, her eyes small in disbelief, "You betrayed us. You betrayed us for that lunatic!"

The word 'lunatic' again boiled Zhao Jiu's blood but he was not in the situation to defend Yunlan. He just clenched his jaw in anger but not once looked up.

"You find me Yunlan or you know what I am capable of." Xinci snarled and was about to leave the study room when...

"You will kill me too?" Zhao Jiu's voice was low but provoking.

The words brought a smile of contempt on Zhao Xinci's lips while Hong was just shocked to see the audacity of her twin.

Zhao Xinci walked closer, his stance intimidating. He smirked, "Yes, son. I will kill you if you do not get me Yunlan. And you very well know that I'm not joking here."

Zhao Jiu looked up at his father, his face showing his surprise. The words scared Zhao Jiu, he gulped. It was strange that he was expecting something like this to happen when he helped Yunlan to escape but now that his father had openly threatened him, the sense of fear was entirely different.

As soon as both Xinci and Hong left the room, Zhao Jiu exhaled in relief. But then the thought of Yunlan got him worried.

"Yunlan..." Zhao Jiu breathed the name, worry washing over him, "Where are you..."

* * * * * * * *

Yunlan was all entranced by the superhero who bravely saved him from the goons. He slowly waddled after his superhero, the one who gave him crispies in the park daily.

"Yunlan..."

A voice made him turn, it was a smaller version of the person he was following. He looked at back Shen Wei and then again at Ye Zun, the resemblance confused Yunlan.

"Two crispies," Yunlan looked at his fingers and mumbled to himself, his lips twitched on the corners

"What are you doing here?" Ye Zun whispered and then looked around, "Shit!"

He quickly dragged Yunlan by his wrist the moment his eyes fell on his brother and Da Qing.

* * * * * * * *

Shen Wei turned around.

"What happened?" Da Qing also turned.

"It felt like someone was following us?" Shen Wei looked around, suspicious.