Cнаpтёя 22

I had a slight conniption as I look at the cost of everything. Sure, I had the money to buy it, but that doesn't mean I like spending money in such large quantities, unless it's for a good reason. "Alright, clothes, and shoes? Check." I sighed at that.

"What is this for?" Luke asks, when we make it through the door.

"We're going to a ball tomorrow." I say casually.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Sera asks, a huff behind his voice.

"Watch your tone with me, boy. Also because I just found out." I say, he looks away sheepishly.

"What time does it start?" Marley asks.

"8 pm, but we'll be at 9." They all nod, seemingly out of questions. "I'll make us dinner."

Dinner consisted of pizza, a tossed salad (with your choice of dressing) and garlic toast. We ate and chatted lightly. Ten pm rolls around and I can see that everyone is struggling to stay awake. "Go up and go to sleep." It didn't take much convincing.

I cleaned up the bottom floor quickly, wanting to have an easy day tomorrow. I slip into Derik's room, dressing down till my boxers and climbing into the cool silk sheets, that's pooled at his waist. "Master?" Derik mumbles sleepily and I shush him, taking him into my arms. I hum softly, until his breathing evens out, running my fingers through his hair.

Eventually I'm lulled asleep by his even breathing and his woodsy scent.

-----------

The next morning I woke before the sun rose.  As it rose, my eyes traced over the features of such a handsome man. It wasn't until a while later, said man started to wake up. "Good morning beautiful." I grin down at him and he returns it, pressing further into me.

"Good morning, Master." He says, I feel light kisses splatter my chest and I hum in satisfaction as he continues. "I love you, Master." He shyly whispers against my chest.

"I love you too, sweet boy." I say, trying not to squeal in happiness. Derik has been the most closed off when it came to saying 'I love you' so him saying it now, and so easily has made me smile.

We lay around for another hour or two, the go down for breakfast, where the kitchen is already buzzing with energy. "I -I am so e-excited. I've n-never been to a b-ball." Frankie says. He's perched on my lap, feeding me the cut fruits from his plate and waffles.

"Well they'll be many more to come, my love." I press a kiss to his lips tasting the syrup and something that only Frankie has. We pull away, grins intact and he goes back to feeding us.

"Omg, will the president be there?" Luke asks in genuine curiosity.

"I don't think so, baby." I tell him and he sighs in what I assume is release.

"Oh good." I quirk my eyebrow at that.

"Why is that good?" I prompt and a look of embarrassment crosses his face.

"Last time I met him, I almost set him on fire." He pushes the food on his plate around. I try to fight off the smile at his confession.

"That's okay, Luke. Accidents happen all the time." I reassure him and he nods, finally looking at me again. "Now let's go and get ready. I want you all to look your best." I place a kiss on everybody's lip, after moving Frankie from my lap, and then I'm dashing up the stairs.

Tonight's going to be long.