Cнаpтёя 1

I supress the smirk that's threatening to appear on my face as the doctor tells me the 'devastating' news. My crackhead, abusive mother has finally died. I played a small part in it of course. It's amazing what $200 can get you in the crack community. "Oh no, what will happen to me now?" I fake sadness, and I knew the doctor bought the act based on her expression.

"Do you have any family, Sage?" She asks sympathetically and I sigh shaking my head.

"Unfortunately no. My mother is an only child and her parents died before I was born and I don't know my father." I lie through my teeth and the pity on the doctor's face increase at hearing my 'lonely' life.

"Don't worry, Sage. I'll make sure we figure something out. I'm deeply sorry for your lost." She tells me, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder and I force my eyes to water as I look up at her.

"Thank you, Dr. Stevens." I say, truly genuine. She gives my shoulder one last squeeze and I make my way towards the exit of the hospital. If I could I'd just leave and never come back, but with no money and a consist hunger pain thrumming through my body, staying at the hospital is my best bet right now.

The cold air nip at my arms and I take a deep breath. I last 30 minutes and head back into the warmth of the hospital, seeing a frantic Dr. Stevens rushing towards me. "There you are!" She exclaims and I raise my brow at her in confusion.

"Here I am?" I say questioningly, she cracks a small smile at my obvious confusion.

"The police will be escorting you to 'Delphine's Home For Boys." She tells me and I cringe. A boys home, seriously. I give a forced smile and nod at her in thanks.

A boys home is better than nothing, I guess. "Alright, when do I go to the home?" I ask, anticipation thrumming through me.

"Right now actually. The owner, Pluto, is ready for you and has everything you'll need at the home." She tells me and I nod, following her down the hall and towards the cop that's waiting to escort me out. "Officer Jones, this is Sage. He's going to Pluto's home." She introduces.

"Nice to meet you." Officer Jones nods towards me and I reciprocate. "I'm deeply sorry for your lost Sage."

"No need to be sorry." I force the tears back into my eyes and Officer Jones look away, clearly uncomfortable by my 'tears' and I force myself to not laugh at him.

"Follow me then." He says and that starts our three hour journey to Delphine's Home For Boys.