" Yes, Bolin, of course. However, I can't see where the top-secret is. I was already aware of this and I am extremely happy, actually. I'm glad that Opal has chosen the best of the best to be her partner. " She confirmed, smiling brightly at him.

Bolin smiled back. For one second, he thought that Kitiara would react like Kuvira. He was relieved knowing that his friend was still considering family as her first priority.

He was relieved that Kitiara didn't end up being like Kuvira and Baatar. Cold and caring only for this purpose ignoring the pain causing to others.

" Thank you. You see... I can't continue doing this. Opal is in Zaofu and I can't fight against her ! I can't also keep her safe if I continue be here. Can you please help me escape this place ? Varrick and Zhu-Li will come too. " He stated.

Kitiara's smile dropped hearing his words. " You want to... commit treason ? "

Bolin took a deep breath. " Yes. I mean.... no. Not exactly. Listen, Kuvira threatened both Varrick's and mine lives. We're not safe here. "

" And you gonna be safer in Zaofu ? " The air bender crossed her hands and legs.

" Every place is safe when Kuvira is absent. " He retorted.

" Well, not for long. She will go to Zaofu with an army in two days. " She argued.

" One more reason to go. Opal needs protection ! " The man remarked.

" You are telling me that you are going to betray the Earth Empire with my help. What if they find out ? I'm their commander, I have responsibilities ! " Kitiara declared.

Bolin sighed. Maybe he was wrong. Wrong about Kitiara still being her old, good self. " Your friends and family need you. Please, come with us. I'm sure that you and Lin can talk this through. "

Kitiara swallowed hard. Her eyes scanned the room and landed on the plan in front of her desk.

First, her argument with lin. Second, Suyin's words. Third, Bolin asking for help.

She couldn't take it anymore.

" Alright, so here's the plan. "

***

She sat on her sky bison's neck. She had packed everything she would need, from make-up to clothes.

The plan was to accompany Bolin and the others by foot, meaning that she couldn't fly with her bison.

" Momo, yip yip. " And with those words the bison soared in the sky.

It was the easiest thing to tell an excuse to the guards who were keeping an eye on Momo.

She's their commander, they would believe even the stupidest thing if it came from her.

Kitiara was an air bender amongst countless of earth benders. It was logical that they wouldn't understand the connection she shared with her bison or why she wanted to fly with him when they weren't traveling.

The reason was that most of the times, the commander wished to spend some quality time with her best friend.

Her lips curled up in a smile as the cold breeze brushed against her skin. She closed her eyes enjoying the sensation of her make-up against the air.

White combined with red. What a lovely combination.

She led Momo into a field away from Zaofu and the Earth Empire's troops.

They landed slowly on the grass. A small lake could be seen in front of the sky bison surrounded by grass and trees.

She jumped on the ground, using air bending to keep her balance.

Her one hand went to strike Momo's fur while she stood in front of him.

She swallowed hard. She was always close to her bison in case of emergency escape if something bad happened.

And what was she ready to do ?

To send him away. She could be an easy target I'd she just flew around with a bison. She could be spotted from miles away and it would be extremely difficult to keep him hidden.

" I'm sorry, Momo. But you need to go. " She whispered.

The bison shook his head groaning in disagreement.

" Please. Momo. Don't make this more difficult, you need to flee. Now. It's the best for tboth of us, believe me. " She pleaded.

Kitiara fought back the tears which were almost running down her cheeks.

The tattooed animal shook his head again. More violently than the previous time.

" I promise you that when all of this is over, we will reunite. Remember, you got my stuff on your back. " She insisted grabbing both of the sides of the big animal's head.

The bison stared at her eyes for a moment. Trust was a mutual feeling for each other.

He hesitantly nodded his head agreeing to her plan.

Kitiara gave him a sad smile. " If you want to go somewhere safe, you can go either to the Kyoshi Island or Republic City. "

She then stepped aside giving him enough space to fly away.

Momo floated, his eyes locked on his owner like he was pleading for her to start laughing and assuring him that this was a joke.

However, it was no joke.

There was no laughter.

Noticing that the air bender wasn't to change her mind, the animal decided to abide by his owner's commands and fly away.

Momo flewto Republic City not knowing that he was carrying on his back one the mostprecious letters of all.