12 - hangout with Alex and Roselyn

I walked down the street with an old weird-looking tree at the end of it. I looked at the door numbers, checking which one was Alex's.

"(y/n)!" I heard Roselyn yelling for me. I saw her waving, at the porch of a house. I ran over to her, to see her.

"Hey." Alex waved, smoking on the porch of the lovely home. It was flat, with a rocking chair and a nice Front garden. I thought you would be hanging around with Michael."

"He walked me home. Can I hang out with yous for a while, until I calm down?" I got to the pouch and looked at them with a weak smile.

"Of course, it's okay. It's just us two having a few drinks, jamming out. Honestly, Monday nights are normally like that but with Max and Michael." Alex gave me a welcoming smile, lifting away from the fence of the pouch, and threw his cigarette down on the wooden flooring. He stepped on it.

"What's up with you? I thought you had school tomorrow." Roselyn held open the front door for Alex and me.

"I'm curious." I entered the home with Alex and saw a drum kit, a guitar and a mess in the living room. Two pots of small amount noodles, a big bottle of Coca Cola and a big bowl of sweets.

"Sorry about the mess." Alex nervously laughed. "I had a lady over this morning and then couldn't find time to clean up."

"You have a girlfriend?" I raised a brow. I thought he was single by how he acted with Michael and max.

"Nope, she's some lady from work, she and I are good friends and I needed someone to fix my sink and fixed it." Alex shared. "Never really been interested in anyone. Yes, I have bet I saw them too close of friends to even attempt. My high school crush was my best friend, who I had been with for a long time. We had a emotional connection and I found Aesthetically pleasing. At 16 dropped out of school, began working with my uncle and boom, I'm doing well for myself."

"It sounds like you have your life together." I smiled.

"I have been trying to find work but apparently, people don't like idiots that get kicked out of school." Roselyn laughed her problem off. "(Y/n) tell us, what got you wondering to find here? Doesn't your mam not allow you out this late?" She asked.

"She's drunk and we argued about something. Stupid honestly, but it got me thinking because I don't want to be treated like a child. I don't want to be seen as a child in her eyes. So I thought if I prove to her I don't need her help then I can do whatever I want and be independent."

"Look at this, she is getting into the rebellious phase. How cute." Roselyn awed, walking around me and sitting down on the couch, taking a pot of noodles. "Sit, sit." She patted next to her.

"Are you going to tell us about what happened? Talking about issues to friends is fun. We wouldn't tell a soul. You know me, I could have told you all of Michael's issues and secrets by now but I stand my word because nothing is more important than good friends. You don't need to say but we are both open to hearing you out." Roselyn said sweetly, smiling loving me, hugging me.

"We keep stuff quiet. Not a word to anyone else." Alex confirmed that.

"So, My dad died last night when I was asleep at Michael's. She didn't tell me this morning when I asked her about whether she was okay." I began tearing up, I had been trying to hide how I felt but it was harder now that they wanted to know about it. "She kept it to herself." I cleaned my eyes with my sleeves, sniffling. "She lied where she was, went drinking with someone? Well, I better hope with someone. I'll kick it off by herself. She came home drunk. I questioned her where she had been and the normal stuff she does to me. Where you've been, who you've been with. I don't truly remember what we were arguing about. It was a heat of the moment, saying words and stuff. I got very angry and very sad. I was a massive idiot. She tells me my dad was dead after I had so much fun and so much time hanging out with Michael. I don't know, I kinda lost it, destroyed my room. I feel terrible for my actions."