Chapter 4 - Spicy Surprise

“I was born to make mistakes, not to fake perfection

“I was born to make mistakes, not to fake perfection.”

-Drake

💙

Sun rises have always been a nice scenery, thanks to Dad, he would always go early for shoots because of which I had to wake up early just to spend time with him in his busy schedule.

Giving me a pat on my shoulder, he sits beside me on the terrace on the fake grass "Good Morning Son"

"Good Morning Dad"

After a small pleasantry, we look at the rising sun with awestruck faces. I have seen sunrises my whole life and yet everytime I see them, it mesmerises me. Instead of taking a picture like I always do, I lay down and take in the warmth of the sun.

"I'm graduating next week in photography. Can you be there? If not, I'm gonna make an appointment"

Amusement filled in Mr.Hudson and he laughs "Of Course, I will try to be at your graduation but I don't want to give you a false hope, you are twenty six already lad"

"Fine! You better be ready when I don't pick up calls because I'm busy with my business" he taunts his father with a laugh .

"You only want your father there, what about your mother?" Questions Mrs.Hudson who carried breakfast for both of them "It's been what? Three years? Since we are having breakfast together?" she smiles

"Not my fault, I have been here my whole life, not like someone else and thank you I'm going out, I have some work I will come by night" pecking his mother's forehead he heads out quickly.

While the words hurt the parents, they knew this was true and they also knew it was their child that's making compromises and not them. Mrs.Hudson looks after her son's disappearing figure and tears roll down her cheeks while Mr.Hudson masks his sadness and says "If only acting wasn't my career I would have spent time with my son like a regular father"

Looking at her husband a small sad smile appears on Mrs.Hudson face "Everything happens for a reason love, we are having food on our table because of you or else we would have been dead like many others"

Nodding his head, Mr.Hudson says "Ours is a very mature son and I think that's my trait" winking at his wife.

"You mean to say I'm immature? Is that what I hear, Mister Hudson?" Glaring at her husband with a smiling/teasing face she runs after him as he escapes from her like some immature teenagers.

Luke, who went away, came back to take his laptop only to capture his love, playing around with each other and without wasting another minute he takes out his camera and takes their beautiful pictures and leaves them looking happy.

~

Taking a U turn, he reaches the beach house. The beach house is a small regular house with two bedrooms, a hall, a kitchenette and a washroom. He admires the small but elegant place and goes to the bedroom/red room to bring out the photographs he took. He turns around and goes for the food in the kitchenette, as most of the time he comes without any prior plans, the staff keeps the house clean and food available always. While browsing through the surprisingly less food items he finds a sticky note.

After signing a contract with a client for his business, Luke feels a sudden force telling him to go to the beach and relax his tense mind when Prince Saad messages him and says a surprise is waiting for him at the beach house.

'Another reason to travel two hours straight for a surprise and for a lonely Friday party at the beach house.' a sad smile appears

Luke always knew his friend had some knack for the type of surprises he gives. Apparently he left only the spiciest noodles available for him with no other food to cook. It was midnight when he came out of the red room and all the stores down the beach closed around eleven due to strong waves that hit at midnight.

Making his appealing yet unappetizing food, he takes his seat on the kitchen island and starts eating while looking out at the beach waves. The dim lit in the kitchen and the fire in the fireplace creates a cozy mood for Luke and just when he takes his first bite, he gets two notifications

AngelInDisguise unblocked you in Instagram
A text from "Angleindisguise" on Instagram

Growing angry with spicy food, he eats it quicker than usual and calls her rather than replying to her.

She picks up the call in one ring. Both saying nothing, only their uneven breaths can be heard when Luke whispers "Adams" and collapses with a loud thud.