Blood

"Feeling better now?" He asked with a cocky tone as we settled down in our room.

"You were winding me up on purpose before" I accused slowly. "Weren't you?"

"Very smart of you Isabella" he replied, his lips twitching with amusement. "Yes, I was".

" Dare I ask why?"

"Because you needed to vent. Despite what you perch sometimes anger is the answer". He provided with a blase shrug.

I tossed his words in my head. " And you thought riling me up when I was clearly not in my right mind was a good idea?"

He snorted. "I was pretty sure you wouldn't have killed me no matter how angry you were. You like me better in a working state".

" It might have been worse if you have pushed me any further than that" I warned.

"But it worked anyway" he reminded me. "So now that we are all past I'm fine crap we can move on-

" God you are such a conniving prick" I mumbled in irritation.  "I suppose the sex was the nice little perk of your plan?"

"I didn't know you were going to pounce on me," he told me. "I assumed you would simply shout for a while and possibly give me a few slaps" he chuckled. "But it was certainly the decent surprise".

I rolled my eyes but I was super embarrassed.

" Now get dressed and come down. I made your favourite pancakes" he said with a smile on his face.

That smile had warmth in it and I still can't believe I have to do something that's gonna ruin it.

"Thank you," I said in a hushed voice. "Thank you for everything you did in the past one month".

He looked at me confused. " Your welcome I guess," he said and went near his wardrobe to get dressed. "Get dressed. I'll bring pancakes here only. We'll have breakfast together and then I'll go to the office and you'll stay here and rest".

I was about to deny it but-

" I won't listen to any whining. You are staying here and resting unless you don't want me to forcefully made you do that as well". I gulped down my saliva and nodded in agreement.

"Fine"

"Good. I'll go down to bring our breakfast".

I got up and get dressed. I looked at myself in the mirror and my reflection made me cry. I never felt this weak before. Why every time I have to go through the hard ways. A tear left my eye but I quickly wiped it away when I heard the door opening.

" Pancakes are here and I even made you some tea. Come on" Kevin placed all the things on the bed while sitting at the one end of the bed and asked me to sit across him.

I took the first bite of the pancake and it felt so good. I haven't had anything since yesterday. "Kevin-"

"Hmm"

"I need to go and attend Mr Young's funeral"

"But-

" I promise I come back as soon as the ceremony ends and rest" I assured him.

He sighed "Okay I'll drop you"

I nodded. We finished our breakfast and head out. The whole car ride was silent. We finally reached the venue.

"Call me when everything here is done. I'll pick you up" I nodded and was stepping out when Kevin held my wrist and gave me a gentle kiss. "I love you".

I looked at him for a moment and then stepped out. He waved at me and just like that, I saw Kevin that loves me vanishing in front of me because the Kevin I'll meet again would definitely gonna hate me.