Scent

I took my bathrobe and slipped through my room as quietly as I could. I peeked and he was not in the drawing-room so I was relaxed. It's a pretty small cottage with two small bedrooms, one drawing room with an attached kitchen and unfortunately, only one bathroom which means I have to share it with Kevin. It's cosy but does it matter. I'm stuck with a person who only wants his revenge on me.

I went it the bathroom and filled my bathtub with hot water. I look at myself in the mirror trying to understand the things I'm doing when suddenly the smoke blurred my view. I stepped into the tub and let out a satisfied sigh. "It feels good ". I closed my eyes and stayed there.
.

.

I lifted my heavy lids when a feminine moan speeded into my room. I could hear the whispers of running water before only but it's the strange sighs and mews that woke me up.

" For fuck sake. She can't even bathe quietly "

Back in New York although we lived under the same roof the rooms were far enough for any sound to travel to another room but in this stupid little cottage, it's not gonna happen.

I went near the window. I knew it wouldn't work but I tried anyway. Flinging myself from the bed and tried to get some fresh air. It's not helping.

I went back to bed but her noise was irritating me. I snatched the pillow and covered my ears, but it only muffled her. I would have slept well if her noise were not polluting the room. I rolled in my bed in frustration.

"Fuck it, Isabella get out of that damn shower and let me rest"

.

.

I wrapped my fluffy bathrobe around me and spared my damp and blurry reflection one last look before stepping out of the bathroom.
I pulled my robe a little tighter when the cold breeze came inside the cottage through the front door.

"It's his belongings, please give them to him" and with that, the man left the big bag in front of me.
I picked it up and put it in front of Kevin's room with a loud thud to let him know he has some parcels. Honestly, I would have knocked and given that to him but who will wake up the psychotic monster that to the one who is being caged without his will.

I went to the kitchen to make coffee for myself before going to my room when I heard his door opening. I could hear him muffling and I wanted to go into my room as fast as possible but then I thought why would I fear him. My stubbornness didn't allow that.

"You are gonna make my head burst out" he roared. His upper lips curled up and his cheekbones were high with irritation. "Why don't you make more noises huh?"

"You want me to make more noises?" I came out of the kitchen and went near his room and with a loud bang, I closed his door. "Was that better Mr Evans?"

"Very mature of you Mrs Evans" he sneered at me. I could feel the intensity in his eyes. 

Seeing him irritated I passed him a smirk. He closed his eyes probably to control his anger.

"STOP making so much noise" he shouted.

"The only noise you probably would have heard was of your bag and the only reason I made that is to avoid this very conversation of ours" I shouted back.

"You...don't you dare to raise your voice in front of me" he hissed.

"You won't tell me what to do" I stated while breathing heavily because of all the shouting.

His eyes became dark. He started taking his steps forward. "Stay where you are or else.."

"Else what Mrs Evans. I'm seeing this place pumped up a lot of confidence in you"