Chapter 8 (Immaturity)

Start from the beginning

I do not question the pain behind her eyes, nor the slower-than-usual movements made by Rebecca. 

"How are you?" Freya asked, tentatively. My posture tenses at the question, and I vaguely hear Rebecca walk into the room carrying the now-bloody man.

She gives him to me, gesturing that I can have the rest. I roll my eyes. She knows I hate second-hand drinking. I shove him away with annoyance before turning back to Freya with a hesitatingly vulnerable expression, "I am... I am working through it. The pain." My gaze casts downward and I rub my chest with the heel of my palm, "Not just mentally, though. I-it is like I can feel the stake in my heart, just like that night in the forest." 

An echo of something in his heart pulsed, as if responding to his words.

Freya frowns but looks down at the salt thoughtfully, "I can ask Keelin about it... I am just worried about you. I just wanted to let you know I am-"

"I am fine, leave it alone Freya." I cut her off, coldly, letting my annoyance show.

Freya's eyes narrow, but I am sure she knows how our siblings—including her and I—act through mourning. If you can even call it that, spoke Kol's amused voice in my mind. I was startled a bit but luckily Freya was looking at Rebecca who was trying to call Niklaus so she couldn't see the slight surprise.

I repressed a smirk. Niklaus would be the perfect ally. No morals, homicidal rage, hate for our dear old Dad.

I hear the tell-tale beeping coming from the phone and Rebecca rolls her eyes at it.

"He didn't answer." Rebecca says and I snort, "As always he's probably wrapped up in his own drama to answer his sister." 

I force myself to scratch the back of my neck, sheepishly and say, "Does- does he know? About Kol?" 

Freya stands up, stepping out of the circle, "I called him yesterday to tell him but he was... Klaus, but he still—even if he doesn't show it—grieving, as much as a Mikaelson can." 

I huff out a laugh. Rebecca shoves the man off her and onto the ground, I send her a pointed look, "You know what Elijah would say." She raises an eyebrow and stares at me while she nudges the man with her foot so his blood wouldn't get on the carpet.

"Happy?" She says with a tight-lipped smile.

I send her an equally fake smile baring all my teeth, "Ecstatic."

"Don't you two ever grow up?" Freya says. We don't look at her and keep staring at each other.

(a/n I was planning to write that scene of the staring contest from Falcon and the Winter Soldier but I felt it was a little irrelevant so I'm putting it as a deleted scene, skip if you don't want to read, it'll still make sense:

Rebecca and I stay like that: staring at each other. A sound breaks through my intense concentration, "Wait. What are you doing?" Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. "Are you having a staring contest?" Rebecca's eyes twitches and I clench my jaw as my eyes started stinging. "For God's sake." Freya snaps in between are line of sight making Rebecca blink as I smirk.

Done)

I turn back to Freya. She's sighing and with her head thrown back, as she massages her temples, "I swear to god, Mischief, how do you manage to always bring out the immaturity in people." I fake a pout.

A ringing sounds through the room and we all look at Rebecca's phone to see Niklaus' name.

She closes her eyes because they had been crimson as soon as she saw the name.

"Nik." She grounds out through clenched teeth. "I've called you 20 times." She turns the phone on speaker so Freya can hear.

"Such a drama queen dear sister." I hear over the line. I almost flinch at the familiarity. 

"Niklaus," I say raising an eyebrow despite the fact he can't see it.

"Ah, Mischief, have you decided to join back into the family circus?" I can practically hear the sneer he's giving me.

"Now, don't be like that Nik. Mischief is family." Rebecca says a smirk on her lips.

"And on that note." Freya voices, interrupting us, "Mischief needs you and Elijah to come to California."

I hear his hum of interest, "You need my help. I feel so honoured."

I snap. "Niklaus, be at Beacon Hills, California by tomorrow morning, have Freya do a traveling spell, or take a flight, I don't care, just get here." I press the hang-up button on my phone, only the echo of my anger weakly pounded in my head.

"Mischief." Freya reprimands, "I was planning to ask if he wanted Hope to come."

Rebecca winces sympathetically towards Freya, "Who?" I question, not caring.

Freya's eyes widen, "Hope, Klaus' daughter."

"His WHAT!"

This chapter was pretty bad. I don't like it but I needed Klaus to come to Beacon Hills and a filler chapter was a way to get it. Also, I promise the whole weird, really long part with the dog will make sense soon, it wasn't pointless. I named the chapter this because immaturity is all that makes an "appearance".

Last thing: Do you want Klaus to bring Hope or no? 

Personally I don't love the idea of it because it kind of take a "Stiles is a Mikaelson fanfic" to a "Originals and Legacies crossover with a random charactor from Teen Wolf". But I'll do whatever I'll just have to change a few things.

 But I'll do whatever I'll just have to change a few things

Word Count: 1523