Hogwarts Will Always Be Home

Start from the beginning

" We're a family and we always have fun. This summer will live up to that. Now everyone off to bed we have a great two months ahead of us". He waved us away as we all stood up and had a massive group hug.

Y/n felt so close to me, and for a short moment. It was like how it used to be. Then we all pulled away and the memories were gone again.

We all said goodnight to y/n while we walked up the stairs to our dorm. Once inside we all started to quietly pack our things for our departure in the early morning. In the silence there was comfort. I was going through trinkets from zonkos and chocolates from honeydukes when I picked up a photo that lay at the bottom of my nightstand drawer.

There we were in that moving photo. James on the floor as we all cried out with laughter. So real I could hear it clearly in my head like a never ending echo. I traced over it with my thumb looking to where y/n held onto me for support. "Hmm". I ever so slightly hummed to myself.

"What was that Moony?" Peter asked looking up from his things.

"Oh uh nothing". I half smiled before carefully placing the photo on the top of my things in the trunk.

With all of our things packed away the boys and I went to bed as this years memories enchanted our dreams.

(Y/N POV)

In the morning we all were up early and eagerly getting dressed. The other girls had grabbed the last of their things and left the dorm ahead of me.

I stood at the door turning around one last time to smile at the empty dorm. I'd miss this place so much. All the makeovers and late nights together. I sighed before walking out the door.

I almost couldn't bring myself to look at the common room at all. Here was where the real stuff happened. But I gave in anyway and slowly looked around the room. I felt a tear in my eye.

"I'm gonna miss it too". I heard a kind voice speak as I quickly turned around to see Remus standing by the portrait hole. I quickly wiped the tear away and walked over to the exit.

"I'm sure". I said sourly before brushing past him so that I could make it to the great hall.

In the hall students did not really sit to eat but instead hugged friends goodbye and said farewell to teachers. Also stuffing a lot of food into trunks and bags.

I saw Lily and the other boys together. I walked over to Lily's welcoming smile. She hugged me so tight. "I'm going miss you so much y/n". She seemed to half weep.

"What are you talking about i'll see you the train ride home?" I said confused as she let go of me.

"No my parents arranged for me to go with Mary the first few weeks. Their still in paris". Lily explained as I immediately hugged her again.

"Promise you'll write". I spoke into her hair.

"Everyday L/n".

We broke apart and Mary walked over. "Come on Lils our rides here". She said as she guided Lily towards her and she walked away.

Though further away I heard her speak again. "You take care of her for me".

I turned to see her looking up to Remus who said something quietly so that I couldn't hear, before they hugged and off Lily went.

(James POV)

We all left the castle heading for the train. It was sunny and the birds were chirping. The other marauders and I laughed together as we boarded the train. We found an empty compartment that had a window facing the ornate castle upon the rolling hills.

We all took a moment to smile to each other in gratitude . I could see y/n give a faint nod to Moony, almost some sort of acceptance.

I felt the pull of the train as we all stood up and rushed to the large compartment window. All 5 of us pushed against the cold glass. We watched blissfully as the castle started to move further away and all of us had massive smiles on our faces knowing we'd be back soon enough.

We sat together and the train ride seemed to blow past as we laughed to the point we couldn't breathe about stupid things that had happened this odd year.  This was the sort of connection you couldn't quite place. One full of trust, happiness, sadness, and complete and utter joy.

We arrived at kings cross hours later into the late afternoon as the golden suns light came through the shaded windows of the station.

On the platform I could already hear my mother squealing.

"James gleaming potter we missed you!" She said taking me into a kind embrace as the others stifled laughs behind me. My father gave me a hug as well while my mother took notice to the others.

"Oh here you all are! we're so happy to have you all we've heard so much about you". She glowered before giving short hugs to all of them stopping at
Y/n. "Oh death your simply breathtaking". My mother said stroking y/n's hair. "This must be the girl you've been talking about?" She smiled wide turning to me as I reddened.

"Oh n-no we're just best of friends". I explained, though maybe for a minute there I may have acquired something of a school boy crush. But nothing could ever take me from my beautiful Lilyflower...

"Oh very well then. Let's all get going!" My father urged happily.

We all began to walk away from the scarlet red train. I looked to all of my best mates. Who knew what would happen this summer........

(A/N) WOW! A whole year done. There will be more summer chapters whenever I have time to write them with school and all but I promise to be thinking of you all, hope you have a good day or night. If it's 2am please go to bed you need your rest....