nine

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Before Sunghoon could say something, he let out a huge sigh. He pursed his lips then turned to Dani to answer her question. With his heart beating ever so fast, he thought that he couldn't make it because he was afraid that he might ruin it instead but he didn't want to lose the chance.

“Before sending you off, I wanted to say that I like you. I don't know what you feel towards me but I just wanted you to know that I'm being honest with what I feel,” He confessed, staring at her surprised eyes.

His heart felt a slight pain after letting it out. He was afraid of her reply and what kind of feelings she was having towards him.

Dani was kind of surprised that he confessed to her at an unexpected time. Her heart was beating fast too, lips trembling of no words to answer.

She wasn't sure of how to answer him. She does have a feeling towards him, but she also didn't want to ruin her friendship with Doyoung. She knew that if Doyoung finds out, they'll get awkward with each other even though they have decided to be friends. She just knew that Doyoung might still like her.

And that was the only day when Dani was stupid.

“Sunghoon, I appreciate your feelings. I cherish our friendship. I also know that Doyoung likes me and I don't want to ruin our friendship. If I'm being honest, I do have feelings for you,” She told with a heavy feeling.

Sunghoon was speechless, he didn't know what to say. His heart was stinging in pain, sadness poured over him. He felt betrayed. Yes, she has feelings for him but it seems like not enough because she rejected him.

He shut his eyes and bit his lower lips in frustration. "Look, let's just not talk about this. Our exams are coming soon and I think we should focus on that instead. Let's just move on," He said angrily.

‘Let's just move on’

After hearing what Sunghoon said, she was hurt. She knew she was wrong to say something like that but she just can't— she didn't want to ruin her friendship with Doyoung knowing the possibility that he might still like her.

With that said, she nodded her head with hurtful eyes. "Yeah, let's just focus on our exams," She said with a dead voice.

He nodded. “Alright.”

He walked towards the driver's seat and got in, starting the engine. Dani sighed, sad over Sunghoon's sudden change of behaviour. As she noticed he was waiting for her in his car, she walked towards the passenger's seat with a grim face and got in awkwardly.

The whole ride was silent, it was unpleasant after what happened. They didn't bother to ruin the silence knowing no one was going to reply.

When they have arrived, Dani immediately got out of the car and walked quickly towards her house that she shared with Kaori. She knocked on the door then looked down sadly, waiting for Kaori to open it for her.

Once Kaori opened the door, she instantly hugged her and cried. Kaori was shocked since it's been so long since her best friend had cried. Patting her back with a concerned face, she pushed Dani lightly.

“Come on, let's talk okay?" She smiled, bringing her crying friend to the sofa then closed the door before sitting beside Dani. “What happened?"

She sniffed. “S-sunghoon, he confessed to me," She bit her lower lips, feeling guilty. “I rejected him because I don't want to ruin my friendship with Doyoung.”

Kaori sighed, pursing her lips. She has told her not to worry about Doyoung, but she's still being selfless. She needs to worry about her feelings as well.

“I like him too Kaori, I've told him I have feelings for him but he didn't seem to believe me. He got mad and told me to move on. I know at this point I ruined it," Dani cried.

Kaori patted her back with a small smile as she tried to calm her down. “You don't have to worry about Doyoung anymore, please? It's not your fault, I'm sure things will get better soon. Sunghoon will heal slowly," She assured her friend.

Dani nodded her head softly, turning to Kaori and hugging her tightly. “Thank you for comforting me Kaori, I think I should go to sleep now," She said in a brittle voice.

She got up then walked upstairs towards her room to wash up before going to sleep. She has been overthinking to the point it's tiring her whole body and mind. She already knew the next day it was not going to be the same as usual. Knowing how much Sunghoon always approaches her first, the next days will be different, she'll be lonely. Not that lonely, but she's not used to it without him every day.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

After sending Dani to her house, Sunghoon entered his dorm with a sour face. He was always thinking about what had happened even though he tried his best not to think about it.

Part of him felt good to know that she has feelings for him but he was upset because she still rejected him for Doyoung. He would always daydream of hanging out with her as a couple and he was sure one day they'll be one.

He planned to ignore her. Even though she hurt him, he can't seem to act like she was invisible to his eyes because of the fact that he still like her. So he decided to just talk with her when it's important.

Slowly entering his and Jake's room, he looked over at Jake to see him playing games on his phone. He sighed and lay on his bed sadly.

“Someone's not in the mood,” Jake put away his phone then gazed at Sunghoon who was staring at the ceiling. “Tell me what happened.”

“Nothing happened," Sunghoon answered, covering his body with his blanket. He did not have the mood to talk.

Jake nodded with pressed lips. “Okay..” He agreed as he continued playing with his game to avoid arguments.

While he was playing with his game, Jake would constantly glance at Sunghoon. He was concerned and tried to decipher what happened to him. He recalled when Sunghoon told him he went out to meet Dani so Jake figured out there's something related to her which made him very curious.