one

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It was a normal day for Dani. Since she was chosen to be a prefect in her class along with her best friend, Dabin. Dabin and Dani became best friends ever since they became seatmates when they were in year ten.

Dabin always rants to Dani whenever he needs someone to talk to, and the first person he thought is always Dani. Dani told him that she's always available if he needs a shoulder to lean on.

Both of them were asked to come to the teacher's staff room to discuss about something. "Have you heard? The principal is planning to have a Fun Day for this year around this month. I think this why they called us," Dabin spoke up.

"Oh really? It's been so long ever since the last Fun Day," Dani responded, getting excited about it.

Fun Day is a carnival the school used to hold a few years ago. Where the students and teachers can bring their family or relatives to their school, playing some games and sports, bazaar, competitions and some fun activities.

Dabin nodded his head, agreeing with Dani. "I know right," He quickly said before entering the staffroom.

Nothing was interesting in their meeting, they just mostly talk about their plans for the Fun Day as expected. The teachers wanted to add some sports competitions for the Fun Day, for the basketball and badminton club.

Dani was pretty delighted about it since she's in the badminton club and never got the chance to join any competition.

When the meeting ended, the prefects were allowed to go back to their classes so Dani and Dabin parted their ways. Dani was about to walk her way towards the lockers until someone with a nasal voice called her name loudly.

She turned around and saw someone she least expected, raising her eyebrows in confusion. "Yes, Jungwon?"

Jungwon jogged hastily towards her and grinned. "So, I was kind of lost on where to find the person who's handling the game club. Since you're a prefect, maybe you know?" He asked shyly, rubbing the back of his neck. "I've heard about the Fun Day so I'm interested to help."

Dani smiled, she looked down and took out a piece of paper from a file that she's been holding after the meeting. She handed it to Jungwon with a bright smile. "Here's the form if you really want to join, you can send it to me tomorrow once you fill everything out."

Jungwon's eyes widened, his eyes lit up as he took the form from Dani. "Thank you so much, sorry if I'm wasting your time!" He bowed, as a thankful gesture.

"No problem, really!" Dani quickly patted Jungwon's shoulder a few times.

Before he could go away, he called the girl again. "Dani," He softly called. "Happy Birthday, I hope you had a great day," He greeted, giving her a genuine smile.

Dani was shocked, especially since Jungwon was the first person who greeted her. She never expected him to greet her, but she figured out that maybe he found out it was her birthday because she posted something early morning that day.

"Thank you so much, Jungwon!" She replied, bowing happily.

Jungwon nodded his head then walked away to go to the lunchroom because the bell has already rung, signalling the whole school it was break time.

Dani walked towards the lockers while browsing her Instagram post, checking the comments under her latest post. There's a lot of users who greeted her for her birthday, but one caught her attention. She noticed it was Sunghoon comment 'happy birthday! :)'

She found it weird. Ever since she met Sunghoon, a lot of people told her that Sunghoon was known for being cold and doesn't talk much except with his close ones.

He barely comments on someone's post and of course, except his close friends. These past few days, she noticed Sunghoon always commented on her latest posts.

She didn't want to assume anything but she thought that maybe Sunghoon was just being friendly or maybe he was bored.

When she reached her locker to put her things in, she saw someone approach her from her peripheral vision. She turned to her right to see Sunghoon grinning at her. "Happy Birthday! Even though I said it already," He bit his lower lip before smiling down at Dani.

"Thank you!" She exclaimed, happy to see him.

Sunghoon thought of something, leaning his side against the lockers with his arms crossed over his chest while looking at Dani. "What is your favourite Enhypen's song?" He asked out of the blue, making her confused.

"Just answer the question," He said grimly as Dani feel intimidated by that.

"Um–"

"Wanna know mine? My favourite is Drunk-Dazed because my heart is in a daze, daze, daze when I'm with you," He simply said, getting awkward after that. "Get it–"

Dani was confused, she didn't know what to say because it was out of the blue. But she just decided to compliment him. "Ooh that's amazing, don't worry," She reassured him, giving him a warm smile.

"You're so nice," He muttered, smiling back at her.

He didn't know why but knowing how awkward Dani can be just like him, he slowly found her interesting day by day.

"Sunghoon!" Someone called him as both Sunghoon and Dani looked at the person. It was Jake. "There you are," Jake put his arm around Sunghoon's shoulder with a grin.

He smirked when he saw Dani was there with them, playfully nudging Sunghoon. "You literally just met her and you're already flirting?"

"Shut up please, oh my god," Sunghoon rolled his eyes.

Dani awkwardly stood there so she just waved at Jake sheepishly. "Hi, Jake! How are you?" She asked.

"Hey Dani, I'm good. You?" He smiled, letting go of his arm from Sunghoon.

"That's good to know, I'm good as well," She responded genuinely. "I have to go eat now with my friends, see you guys later. Don't forget for today's additional class with me!" She reminded them before she could enter the lunchroom and find her friends.

"Alright, eat well!" Sunghoon exclaimed, he's actually sad that Dani had to go. He was about to ask if she wanted to go eat with him.

Once the girl was out of their sight, Sunghoon frowned as Jake punched Sunghoon's side playfully. "Hoon, seriously.. Do you like that girl?" Jake asked curiously, wiggling his eyebrows to tease him.

Sunghoon turned to Jake with a confused expression. "No, don't worry it's nothing," He quickly said then walked away to go for a break and Jake followed him from behind.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

okay so tbh, dabin is a character i made inspired by my friend. well actually, there will be more characters coming soon 😭 ofc inspired by my friends too since basically this story is kind of a true story.

vote, comment and follow me for updates!

stay tune