"What exactly do you mean by messy?"

"Wesley laid into Fallon pretty hard earlier. She went on a bit of a tangent about how we aren't focused on the band and how Fallon choosing to work with you on this side thing felt a bit like a slap in the face to our own band. I tried to tell her to chill out, that it wasn't that big of a deal. Chayse agreed with me but you know how Wes can be.."

She trailed off and Calum fished around in his back pocket until he felt his pack of cigarettes, grabbing a lighter from an ashtray that rested on his patio table. He stayed silent, his thoughts whirling through his mind as he lit his cigarette and tried to rationalize a plan.

"So did the four of you leave it like that? Was there any talk of meeting again when you were all less amped up?" If there was then at least he would have somewhere to start.

"Come on Cal, this is Wes we're talking about. You know how she is when she's on a tangent, there's no stopping her. She said her piece, said we obviously didn't care about the band like she did, and then ended the call."

"Well, that's mature." He scoffed.
"Would you expect anything less?"

She had a point and Calum knew it because he did know Wesley and how she tended to react when things weren't going exactly the way she had envisioned. This wasn't the first time since he had been in Fallon's life that things between the girls were testy but with both Fallon and now Erin's reactions he was a bit worried that something about this instance was different. And not in a good way.

He pulled his cigarette back to his lips and took in another long drag. He shouldn't be smoking. Fallon hated when he did but if ever there was a time when he needed a cigarette this situation certainly seemed to call for one.

"Cal, I'm scared this might be the end of Revelry. I think Fallon's scared of the same."

"You think things are that bad?" His response was quick and knee-jerk, his surprise unmasked.

"I think that I've seen Wesley mad, but I've never seen her like she was today. She was petty and vindictive and unremorseful about anything she said. It was like she was out for blood and she didn't give a single fuck about the damage it might do to us as a band."

Calum's heart sank in his chest. "Well," He started before having to pause to try and figure out exactly what it was he was wanting to say. "Well, if it's just Wes that feels that way..."

His eyes wandered up and over the brick fence that surrounded his backyard, focusing on the blue horizon that stretched out in front of him, allowing his silence to echo the rest of his thoughts.

"It's always been the four of us, Calum. I really don't know that we can be a band, be Revelry, without Wesley. I mean for all her drama and antics she's a damn good drummer and one of our best friends. We've been through so much together and I just can't imagine doing this without her. The thought of bringing someone else in to replace her makes me want to vomit. I mean really, how would you feel if Ash just up and left and you, Mike, and Luke had to try and replace him?"

A sinking feeling landed in the pit of Calum's stomach, his mouth drying out as it did right before he got sick. A 5SOS without Ashton? It wouldn't really be 5SOS then. It took all of them and their contributions to make up who they were as a band and without one of them they would never really be whole.

"One time, a while back, before we knew you guys, Michael lost his passport and missed a flight out to a show. We did it without him and the whole time we were on stage it was just so incredibly obvious that we weren't able to give our best because we weren't whole. We were missing a vital part of what makes us who we are."

"Exactly. And Wesley is one of those pieces for us." Erin sighed. "Without her, I don't think the rest of us have it within ourselves to go on without her."

An: I'm the worst. Sorry this took so long but I promise I will finish this book I just have no clue what the time table is looking like. I love you and hope you still love Cal & Fallon!

Here's a cute maternity pic to make up for it 🥺 6 more weeks!

I love you always,
Sav 🖤