Prologue

Clary's P.O.V.

"Jace! No! Let go of me, you b*stard!" Clary yells at Sebastian. She continues struggling against his grip, trying to get to Jace before his evil minions take him away from her forever.

"That's not a very nice way to treat the king, now is it, little sister?" Sebastian says against Clary's ear. She struggles even more.

"Jace! I'm-I'm sorry! I'm so sorry..." I yell out. "Please forgive me..." I whisper, tears gathering in my eyes.

»»»«««»»»«««»»»«««»»»

Simon's P.O.V.

"Get the hell off my girlfriend!" I yell at the guys that are man handling Isabelle. I break free of their grip and run to Izzy. I practically rip each of the guys off of her.

"Back the hell off!" I scream at them. I'm clutching a scared looking Isabelle close to my chest.

"You were already at your required spot anyway," one of them says. He smirks and backs away, leaving us in a room with one king sized bed in the middle.

I run out of the room and dart after the man. After I pass five more doors and three lantern things, I slam into a force field.

"Damn it!" I yell, frustrated. I kick the force field and start murmuring words of comfort to myself. I will not lose Clary to that b*stard.

I run back to Izzy and pull her into a hug. She has tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Did you find anything?" She asks, hopeful. I hate bearing bad news. Especially to Izzy.

"There's a force field five doors down," I say sadly.

"So we're tr-trapped?" Izzy asks. She stuttered at the end, meaning that she had lost all hope.

"We're trapped."

»»»«««»»»«««»»»«««»»»

Alec's P.O.V.

"Magnus, are you okay?" I asked. We had already figured out that we were trapped close to the time we heard Simon yell, 'Damn it!'

"He didn't come," he says again. "He didn't come," he says, quieter. "The one time I ever needed my father, he doesn't f*cking come!" He yells.

"It's okay..." I say. I grab him and pull him into a hug. "It's fine. It's not your fault Magnus..."

"Yes it is Alec! Everyone was depending on us-on me- and this is what I have to show for it! We're all separated and poor Clary has to deal with Sebastian, by herself, as in, without Jace. I'm a screwup Alec! How can you love a screwup like me?" He yells, moving to the opposite end of the room.

"Magnus! You were not responsible for this! It was your father. It wasn't you! He could've decided to come but he didn't. You could not sway his decision. So stop complaining," I yell back.

He looks at me, as if noticing that I was really here. "Alec..." he trails off and comes over to me. "I'm sorry..." he says, gently stroking my cheek.

"I love you, Magnus," I say, pulling him into another hug.

"I love you too Alec."

»»»«««»»»«««»»»«««»»»

Jace's P.O.V.

I sat on the bed that was in my new room. I looked around, noticing how some of my stuff was already in here. All of the stuff in here was from the time when I was still connected to Sebastian.

I looked to the other side of the bed, only to find it empty. I turned my head up to the ceiling.

Then I let out my sobs. God, Clary, I miss you already.

»»»«««»»»«««»»»«««»»»

Jocelyn's P.O.V.

"Luke," I sobbed. "My baby's out there by herself with that monster."

"Shhhh, Jocelyn. It'll be okay. She'll be fine. If I know Clary at all, I know she's strong and stubborn. She will handle Sebastian just fine," Luke tells Jocelyn.

"Clary, please hear me... Stay strong, baby girl," I whisper. "I love you."