Chapter X - Number 5

She read a little bit more with tears dripping from her eyes. He was too good to be true. She didn’t even know almost half of the things that were in the journal even when she thought she knew everything about him. She continued to cry and laugh at some entries until she came across a page that she wished to never have read. It was an entry about two weeks ago.

July 20, 2011

Today, I found that I was dying. I only have a few weeks left and I don’t think that I can live anymore longer. I can feel the cancer spreading inside my body. I was surprised myself because I didn’t even know that I had it. It was a curse; A curse that I never wanted to have. Waiting for a miracle was like waiting for my parents to come back, which was never going to happen. At first I thought that they were only joking. I didn’t want to believe it until I looked at my sister only to see her eyes. It was sadness; Pure sadness. It was something that I didn’t want to see, ever.

I asked Abby for a wish. I asked her not to say a thing. I asked her not to tell Lisa about my condition.

I told her that it’ll ruin her, that if she finds out, she’ll stop existing, I know that she loves me more than

I love her, and I do love her, but the thing is, I know that if she loves, she will love recklessly. And I have found out a long time ago that I was, too. That’s why I won’t tell her because she is the last person I want to destroy. I hate this kind of love but at the same time, it feels like it is the only thing that is keeping me alive.

1.      You could have told me you loved me and I could have told you that I do too.

Reading the entire thing was drowning. It was the saddest entry in the journal. It was also the saddest thing that she has seen in her entire life. She used to not have regrets, she have always tried to live without having any regrets but now, at this moment, She realized what her biggest regret was; It was: not telling him how much she loves him. None of them had the opportunity to say it to each other no matter how much they want to. It was something that was sacred for them. They were both scared to admit it to each other.

I love you! She wanted to scream. She wanted him here for him to hear it. But sadly, he was gone.