Chapter I : Lisa

Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

The text-message woke her up in an instant. She grabbed her phone that was lying in the corner of her bed and hurriedly opened the text message, hoping that it was from her boyfriend Jack.

July 24, 2011, 6:27 AM

Good morning my princess!

That message was enough to put a bright smile on her face. She got up and decided to get ready for her day. She seemed to be in a very good mood, obviously because of him. She remembered last night’s events; she remembered having a conversation with Jack about how they were finally free and how they could do whatever they want together without someone being against it. She also remembered having an uneasy feeling about how the way Jack looked at her. It left her confused but shook the thought away for it might be just some stupid feeling.  Deciding not to let it get to her she got up and get on with her day.

She yanked the coffee pot off the burner and shoots her mug quickly. She grabbed a brownie from a plate on the counter and ate in silence. She liked the silence. It was something that she needs. It helps her think and relax.

Jack and her have been dating for the past seven months and nothing seems to break them apart besides from her father who was against their relationship from the start but eventually accepted it because he realized that it was either losing her daughter to him or not.

She remembered the first time she met him, she thought that he was trouble. He’s bad news as her friends say. But she would always reply and tell them, it is the best kind. Jack is the best kind of trouble and she undoubtedly like it. In fact she’s crazy for it. Believe it or not, she is actually not a fan of clichés; she liked to have that unique kind of love, something that is for the books. So she tried to push the thought of Jack away but obviously she failed.

They were living in a big city, and usually, you would hear the metallic drone of traffic as the cab and bus drivers surge and stall the first round of life into the city center. You would hear the barking of the dogs and the beeping of the cars. It is a nice city indeed.

Lisa Winters is twenty-one and is living in a cozy apartment in the middle of the city that was still being paid by her parents who were big-time in the field of business.

You could say that it was one of the reasons on why Mr. Winters was hesitant about his daughter’s relationship with Jack who was just a striving commoner in the industry.