Chapter 7

A/n:two things I have covid and I want to do shoutouts.

XXXetty

Harley's POV

I woke up to my alarm and then FRIDAY's voice resonated throughout my room.

"Good morning, Harley. It is 7:00 am with the weather forecast showing there to be a 10% chance of rain with partially cloudy skies. It is 67 degrees Fahrenheit. Today is Friday August 11, 2023. Boss is in the kitchen making pancakes. Would you like me to inform him that you are awake?"

"Sure, FRIDAY. Um... just uh, tell him I'll be out in a few minutes."

"Of course, Harley." She said. I rubbed my hand against my face and went to my closet. I threw on some of my light blue skinny jeans and a plain white T-Shirt with a jean jacket. I went to my bathroom, and fixed my hair so it didn't just look like I rolled out of bed.

I smiled as I could smell the pancakes all the way from the hallway.

"Hey, Tony!" I greeted him.

"Good morning, Harley. A little birdie told me you stayed up on the roof for about an hour last night. Any reason?" He smirked at me as he placed pancakes in front of me. I rolled my eyes.

"Spider-Man wanted to see me last night." I put on a proud grin as he just laughed. "What?"

"He is just as smitten with you as you are with him, huh?" He snickered.

"No. We are just becoming friends. Anyways, he is in to girls." I said, trying not to show my disappointment. It's not like we could actually go out anyways. I don't even know his name. Hell, I've never even seen his face before.

Tony frowned, "He told you this?"

"Well, he said he used to have a girlfriend... before he ruined her life because he put her father in jail."

"Ah, yes I remember." He said, "That was his first big bad he took down." He smiled as if he was a proud dad. "I took his suit away and he still went after the dude." I gave him an unapproving look.

"He hacked into the suit to lie to me about following the dude, okay? What was I supposed to do? He was being a reckless teenager." He defended himself. I hummed in agreement as I finished my pancakes.

"I gotta get to school." His mouth opened at that but I beat him to it, "I'm taking the subway like a normal teenager." I got up off the stool and he called out after me.

"Hey, don't forget to be at the lake house by Six for Peter's birthday party!" I turned to glare at him. "Oh come on! If you got to know him, I think you guys would get along great." I scoffed at that and proceeded to look back at Tony. He smiled with hope sparkling in his eyes.

"Sure, fine. I will be here."

"Good. Because some of the Avengers are coming." My eyes widened at that. And then I smiled.

"Is Spider-Man coming?" I asked nonchalantly. Tony clicked his tongue.

"No. He's uh... gonna be busy." He pursed his lips. I tilted my head at him and he wouldn't even make eye contact with me. Weird.

"Okay... well uh, I got to get going. See you later, Tony."

—————

I walked up to my locker and got my physics book out and started walking to class. I walked through the door to see Peter getting in a heated argument with Betty about some type of science thing. He looked so frustrated as he tried to explain why she was wrong and I just smiled. The way he kept rambling, it was... cute. Wait, what?