꧁Chapter 6꧂

Kamalakshi's Pov:-

Kamalakshi's Pov:-

The forest at the evening seems to be very lively,with the sound of insects,birds flying to go back to their nests and animals in groups walked towards the river there chirp, trumpets, roars and neighs all reaching my ear,the dark trees with hanging branches stood like tall tower and alert guardian.The thick bushes around from there with fireflies flying around was creating an amazing view for my eyes.The soft breeze blows away creating sound of rustling leaves the forest pure and clean, it showed that no people had ever exploited it the rich earth rotting and muddy scent reaches my nose making it's way to my soul, making me take a deep breath again. Holding up my saree I walked through the thick,lush bushes making my way to the lake.
My senses getting alert, the crippling sound of the leaves made there way into my ears now breaking the heavy silence which had befallen the environment. I turned around my reflexes working my fingers tightening around the hilt of my sword. I could feel some gazes on me from the very instant I came out of the palace premises. My head snapping towards the same direction.

"Kon hai?"
(Who is there?)

My voice now sharp. Sudden negative feelings had already started making their ways in my heart. That is when I saw a wild cat running after a rabbit. A smile twisted upon my lips, my muscles relaxing a bit, shaking away all the worries I resumed back my walk towards the lake still a little uneasiness which I couldn't shrug off yet.

The only clearing inside this forest of Malwa was this lake. The lake which becomes home to numerous abroad birds at the winter season who flies all the way from north and seeks warmth and pleasure over here in our country. This sight of the lake held me transfixed as always maybe it was just the colours of the sky playing mischief with the water and glistening along with but to me the sky, the lake and the whole nature seemed to be painted by an artist beautifully by her artistic hands moulding the colours together, mixing them and smudging them across the canvas with love and dedication which is why the result is this utterly beautiful and storage of amazement. The moon was already peeping from behind the clouds and the scattered stars were like the dazzling pearls, filled with raw energy. A sigh of contentment leaves my lips. I was always connected to nature, I felt secured and at peace. This is the time when I heard heavy footsteps which stopped at a little distance away from me. Three men. I counted mentally with the three different sounds as I heard a hoarse voice redirected towards me.

''Khamma Ghani Baisa!''
(Greetings Princess)

"Kaun hai ap sabhi?"
(Who are you all?)

"Kya baat hai Baisa. Koyi Pranam nhi aur seedha prashn puchne lagi yaha ap"
(What happened Princess no greetings and you directly headed to questions?)

"Ap sabhi ko kya chahiye? Humne isse purv apke bheje huye logon ko boldiya tha ki apki is baaton se hum nhi darti."
(What do you all want ? I had said before to your men that I am not afraid of your words)