Episode 60: This Is The Beginning

Start from the beginning

               "This place, it's new to me. The new me. This isn't who I am anymore. I won't say goodbye."

               Fvck goodbye.

               I left this place a long time ago anyway.

               "Ok." Carl nods, understanding the bitterness in me, even though my being isn't tainted with it, and I feel the puncture of my father's stare from a window unknown to me, while I walk away, shaking inside at the thought of turning into one of my 'children'.

               Changing.

               Evolving.

               Or rather, diminishing.

               I have to tell Carl soon.

               Because if I don't, and I turn, he won't know what to do.

               It'll be the same when I was in that bathroom, ready to kill myself, drive something through my fvcking heart, but this time, it's different, and I won't be able to let him say no to me.

               If worse comes to worse, that's what will happen.

               One step forward, until there are no more steps to take.

               It's gonna suck if this was all for nothing.

_________________

-Carl's P.O.V.-

               "You ready?" I crouch a bit, balancing my breathing for a moment till I see Spes smirk by my side. "Get set."

               "I'm set." She grins some more, bending over a touch, same as me while we see the straight shot down the road, the area around us just shy of being introduced to Atlanta, when I smile at how perfect everything is. How even though I don't know the specifics as to why we were allowed out here, it happened, and I'm with her again.

               Spes.

               "Go!" I bark, my deep voice a starting gun for the sprint that she immediately darts into, our legs matched closely for length when I see her bypass me, and I gotta admit, watching her flash by was interesting given her sexy body and grey hair.

               She's still wearing the same outfit from before. That black hoody sweater with no sleeves, a short skirt and boots.

               I'm not about to let her beat me though.

               Several seconds of smiling while she thinks she's got me branded a loser, I swiftly grab hold of her hand, laughing at how she widens her catty shaped eyes my way, silver orbs shining from the sun reaching down to grab at us, when I let go and use my limbs to win.

               "Nice try!" I laugh, running my fingers through my hair until I hear...a gagging sound?

               Is that Spes?

               "Spes?" I straighten, running over a bit towards my lover coughing up something that looks kinda like blood...her hand holding her throat when I unzip her bag to get some bottled water, rubbing up and down in between her shoulder blades, same time she inhales and retches again.

               What's wrong with her?

               "Did they do something to you?" I'm frowning, wondering why in the heIl those people back there wanted to keep her, of course I already know, but I'm still pissed off.