Chap 18-He loves me not

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I guess I was wrong to think you would like me." Jungwon said quietly in an almost inaudible whisper.

He quickly and quietly came out of his hiding place and walked past them not sparing them a glance as he made his way to his locker. He didn't want to see the way the two were so close. He wanted to believe that Sunoo liked him back. But they were just friends after all, just friends who so happened to kiss at a party.

Jungwon made it to his locker and grabbed his books that he needed and slammed the door closed startling other students nearby. He readjusted his bag slung on his shoulder and proceeded to walk to his first class that he shared with Sunoo.

"Jungwon!" an oh, so familiar voice that he loved so much called out to him making him want to turn around and greet him pretending he never saw what he did, but his pride was too big to give in to that feeling.

He continued walking to his first class clenching his jaw at the thought of ignoring the older. It hurts him to do so, but he just didn't want to believe that Sunoo had already found someone. Just when he came to truth with his feelings, Sunoo had to go and find someone else.

His foot steps heavy as they hit the tile floor making his way to his first class that he had to share with Sunoo. He entered the classroom with an expressionless face as he made his way to his seat and sat down. He could feel the familiar burning stare at the back of his head making him clench his jaw as he forces himself to not look at the sunshine.

He continues taking notes and ignoring the older not acknowledging his presence in the room. The said pink haired boy watches his in confusion with his eyebrows furrowed and a pout adorning his delicate features. Had something happened to Jungwon, had he done something to the younger boy that made him upset; those were the thoughts running through Sunoo's head as he looked at Jungwon.

The rest of the class went like that. No words exchanged with each other, no glances taken. Absolutely nothing. Sunoo had quietly pulled out his phone and sent a text to a certain someone he had to talk to more after school before slipping his phone back in his bag going back to listening to the teacher.

•••

It was now lunchtime and Jungwon only dreaded it. Normally, Jungwon would be happy because be can sit next to Sunoo and talk about the most stupidest things together but no, he had to watch as Sunoo was in line with that special someone laughing and smiling like nothing happened.

He stood up from his table and gathered up his food. He could hear that same voice call out to him once again making his heart churn. A tug at his heart told him to just forget all of this pent up anger and just greet him, but his mind told him to ignore the callings of his name as he made his way out of the cafeteria food in hands leaving a stunned Sunoo at the table he was previously sitting at with the other person beside him watching this unfold.

Sunoo sighed and placed his tray of food down sitting down with the other person sitting beside him with a worried expression on his face.

"Did something happen between you two?" the other person asked.

"I don't know, I don't remember doing anything and now he's just avoiding me." Sunoo quietly said shoving food in his mouth stuffing his cheeks aggressively.

On the other hand, Jungwon now sits on the school bathroom toilet eating his sandwich with his eyes staring into space. He didn't want to believe Sunoo had found someone else to love. It just didn't feel real. He took another bite of his sandwich and took a sip of his drink after swallowing it as he then sighed loudly leaning back slightly letting a plethora of negative thoughts swirl through his brain.

Time passes slowly, too slowly for Jungwon's liking. He didn't want to stay in school any longer to witness the monstrosity of Sunoo and what's his face together whenever he's there. It left an indescribable bitter taste in his mouth the more he thinks about it. He stands up from the toilet trash in hand as he opens the stall door to throw his trash away. He strides towards the sink to wash his hands after being in the bathroom. It absolutely reeks of piss and shit, but at the moment, he couldn't care any less.

He shook his hands to let the leftover water drip back in the sink as he moves over to the drying station where the paper towels lie. He tore off two pieces and dried his hands making sure they were completely dry. Once he throws the residue of the paper towel away, he looks at the time and sees that he only as a few more minutes until the bells rings for everyone to go back to class.

He decides to go to class early and not back in the cafeteria to see the two being all happy with each other. His legs guide him to his locker so be can grab his books that he needs for his next class after physical education. He had to get changed into the physical education uniform. He too pulled his clothes out and shut his locker making his way to his classroom to place his books for the following class.

He was lucky that he didn't have the following class with Sunoo, but they had physical education together, so that was unfortunate given the situation. He hurried out of the classroom and into the locker rooms to change into his other uniform. As quickly as he came in, he came back out shortly dressed accordingly. He went back to the classroom to grab his tumbler before making his way to the field to wait for the other students to arrive.

For Jungwon, physical education felt too long and too suffocating for him. He was already thinking about the reoccurring events from earlier. The bubbling feeling of anger and annoyance just sitting there at the pit of his stomach waiting for it to rise before letting it all out. Though, there was a slight tinge of a little something else along with such emotions he was feeling.

Jungwon jogged to where his water was lying. He uncapped the tumbler and took a gulp out of it; the tiredness and soreness of stretching and running a lot taking affect now. As he drank his water peacefully (read: annoyed), a figure appeared by his side. He looked to his side to see Sunoo standing there with a smile on his face.

"Hi Jungwon!" Sunoo said happily that he finally had the chance to talk to Jungwon.

"Hi." Jungwon replied courtly and looked away from Sunoo whose smile slightly dropped but recovered immediately.

"Are you feeling alright?" Sunoo asked concerned for the younger.

"Just peachy." Jungwon replied quickly putting his tumbler back where it was as he jogged back to the field where the coach was waiting to continue class.

Sunoo watched Jungwon with his smile now wiped off his face. He didn't know what was wrong with Jungwon, he didn't think he did anything to him. Someone then appeared by his side drinking water.

"You talked to him yet?" they asked earning a nod from Sunoo as he sat down on the bleachers sighing softly feeling blue.

"Did you figure out what's wrong?" the other person questioned.

"He's just avoiding me at this point. I can't figure out what wrong with him." Sunoo frustratedly said crossing his arms over his chest.

The day went on like that. Jungwon continued ignoring Sunoo whenever the older tried talking to him, sometimes earning one word as a sentence or two if he felt like it. Sunoo was stumped and didn't know what to do finally giving up on trying to figure out what happened.

Even when school was over and Sunoo waited for Jungwon so he could walk him home, Jungwon just walked right past him and ignored him. He didn't even reply to the texts Sunoo sent him when he was at home doing homework. That day left one person confused and frustrated and left the other sad and extremely confused.

 That day left one person confused and frustrated and left the other sad and extremely confused