Author's Note

~RR dimension~

Hi!! Thanks for checking out my book!

This is based on my short story collection The Web That Was Once Reality; once I saw a way all the stories could connect, I just had to make it a novel. All seven short stories in the collection (and several more drafts that I may or may not publish) fit canonically into this book's universe and plot, but you DO NOT need to read the short stories to understand the book. In fact, I would recommend waiting to read them, since most contain some form of spoilers and two were changed to become chapters of this book.

Genre: was supposed to be sort of a surrealist high fantasy / urban fantasy combo, but every time I work on it, it gravitates more toward psychological thriller/horror. I don't think it truly fits in the horror genre (yet), but let's call it dark fantasy.

Warnings

1. I update appallingly slowly. However, because this book has been in the works for so long (at least in some form), I really do want to finish it. You may just have to wait a while.

2. There are going to be LGBTQ+ characters and relationships, and they are not insignificant enough to skip over. If you're not comfortable with that, read something else.

3. There's going to be some graphic violence/gore. Not only do I have an unhealthy love of fight scenes, but this book in particular is shaping up to be darker than a lot of my others.

Synopsis (in desperate need of help)

Humans born with dormant magic never expect to put their lack of power to use. Caesia and Zhaika Vallenscey were no different; born with the marks of telekinetic magic, but never able to access that power, the twin sisters spent most of their lives doing menial labor and trying not to see themselves as failures.

Until now.

When Caesia is summoned to the royal palace and doesn't come back out, Zhaika embarks on a crazy journey in an attempt to save her, one that will take her far beyond what she thought were the edges of reality. She didn't expect to use her magic, she didn't expect to jump into a dimension filled with Demons, and she definitely didn't expect to fall in love with one.

Even the threat of the Demons seems like nothing compared to the legend of Seven Twisted Stars, which describes seven forces that will bring the downfall of every civilization to ever exist. At first, the Prophets thought these Stars were theoretical, but after running into a teenager with a tendency to let conflict escalate, Hunter isn't so sure.

One Prophet, one Human, and one Demon stand little chance of fixing everything.

And through all of it, Destiny just doesn't seem to care.

But then, Destiny has never cared for individual fates. Its job is to write all of history, so as long as time keeps turning, what happens at a given point is of little concern.

Legacy? That's my job. And even if they don't know I exist, I've grown too close to too many beautiful people to give up on them now.

Alright, let's gooo!!

Seven Twisted Starsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें