Chapter 3

"Where's Spencer?" Dillon ask when he sits across from me, setting his homework down on the table.

"Football practice." I answered not looking up from my own homework, don't have a laptop but at least I have an iPad.

"So," he drags out. "Why aren't you at football practice?"

I look up from my homework and across the table at him, his eyes twinkle with curiosity. "How about you worry about your homework rather than being all up in my business?"

I left Beverly without Spencer because I most definitely wasn't about to be sitting on the sidelines watching the others play, he wasn't about to use me as an example. If Billy thought that I would stick around while he switch my position then he's definitely out his mind, Spencer's out his mind deciding to sit on the sidelines. I sat on the sidelines more than enough and I wasn't going back today, I play offense and offense only. No debating.

On the bright side this is the first time I came home without getting into a physical altercation, so that's new. I rather be back here in Crenshaw fighting everyday with my offense position than being in Beverly Hills, this was a mistake. I shouldn't have let my mother talk me into going to Beverly in the first place, Spencer's the only friend I made. And he's my brother. We only have lunch and three classes together, I guess I can throw in football practice in there.

But other than that in the morning I'm pretty much solo until lunch, I mean I guess I have Jordan. I've only been away for seven hours, and I miss Coop and Chris, way more than I should; they made Crenshaw a lot more fun and durable. The doorbell rings and I basically leap out my seat, finally Spencer is home, I walk over to the door and pull it open I'm surprise when I see Jordan standing on the other side of the metal gate.

Stepping out onto the porch I close the front door behind me. "What are you doing here? How do you even know where I live?"

"I got your address from my dad." Jordan informs.

"That wasn't an initiative to just show up at my house." I would have taken a step back if the door wasn't for the door at my back, the last guy who just popped up at my house without having my number or my address — that relationship took a toxic turn. "You just don't show up at somebody's place like this."

"You're right, I'm sorry." Jordan nods his head. "This was wrong on so many levels, I should have just waited until I saw you at school again. I wanted to check on you after you storm out of practice."

"I'm fine."

"Come on, I came all this way just for you to tell me that fine. Throw me a bone, talk to me."

He sits down on the porch steps, I stare at him for a couple seconds before sitting down beside him. "I think coming to Beverly Hills was a huge mistake, I don't belong there and I'm pretty sure besides Billy, nobody wants me or Spencer there. I'm use to guys thinking I shouldn't be on the team, but why would I want to play with a bunch of guys who don't want me for a coach who said he'd have my back only switch me over to defense."

"You just got to do you, from what it seems like you got the goods on and off the field — a lot of people don't have that. And you're wrong about a bunch of guys who don't want you, I want you." He shoots me a cheesy smile. "At school and on the team of course."

"That was so cheesy." I pat his knee. "But you really know how to make a girl feel better."

The corner of his mouth tugs up before he says, "I'm having a couple guys from the team to come over and relax tomorrow, you should tag along. It'll be a good time to get to know them and see that they aren't that bad, maybe make a friend or two."