"Ok, well what do you want to talk about regarding the special exam, or my accurate, what do you want to know?"

She flinched when I said that, it was pretty obvious, why else would she visit me?

"I don't know what you mean, I just came to ask you about what event you think you would perform best in."

I guess she wants to play dumb.

"Horikita you may have improved greatly throughout the year but you are not that slick, I know you are probing me for information, so ask like a good girl and I will tell you some stuff that may help you."

She opened her mouth to argue with me but stopped when I raised my finger to tell her to be quiet, I held my finger up for 5 seconds and took an exaggeratedly deep breath to prompt her to do the same. After she did I lowered my finger signal her to speak.

"Ok fine, I want to know which of the events Class A put forward they will do, I am sure you have some idea. I also do genuinely want to know what event you would want to do, since you are one of the best students in our class overall I would want to make the most use out of you."

I thought about what I should do, I know what Class A will pick since seeing the list of possible events has jogged my memory a little but should I tell Horikita? To be honest I think it will have almost no impact on the story so I might was well.

"Hmmm, Class A will definitely do 4/5 quizzes they put and Chess. Class A's main advantage is intellectually so it is pretty obvious, all of the other options leave too much room for our class to have a few people who are good at those activities."

"Hmm, I see, that makes sense since Class A can win pretty much all those quizzes no matter who we send forward it would be stupid to do a game like dodge ball where the outcome is so up in the air. Do you have any clue what quiz they will ditch?"

I am pretty sure I remember but I also am not confident enough to say with confidence, I'll just make something up.

"I am guessing that they don't know themselves yet, they are probably studying right now and by the time the day comes they will pick which one they are the worst at. Since you actually pick the five you will do the day of the match having some options is smart."

Horikita seemed to buy my theory and moved on to the next topic.

"If I remember correctly you said you play Chess with the Class A leader sometimes, so will you fill the Chess slot? I am sure you must be pretty good by now, right?"

"To be completely honest with you I have never beat Arisu ever, but yeah I'll do Chess, I am better at that then any of the other events."

To be honest I could raise our class in almost any event, but even if I do one of the quizzes and get full marks it would not make a big difference.

"So you have been playing against that girl for over half a year and have not beat her once? Can you really win the event for us?"

I am not surprised she is doubting me, but it is still kind of annoying.

"Do not worry Horikita, Arisu is probably one of the best Chess players in the world our age, it is only natural I can't win. The key thing to remember Horikita is that I won't be playing against her, the fact that recently I have been able to give her a good game means I should be able to destroy any of her classmates."

"That is nice and all but in that event the commander has a lot of power to interfere, even if you get a lead early she will just get it back when she plays, correct?"

I gave her a dumb smile for my response.

"That's why we have Ayanokoji as the commander! With him I know we can win the Chess game."

I could see Horikita gain a deadpan expression.

"How is Ayanokoji-kun going to help you against, as you said, one of the best Chess players our age in the world?"

"Well obviously he is another one of the best Chess players in the world, so of course if I can get him a lead I can let him take the wheel. You know he is much smarter than you give him credit for Horikita, after all he has been using you as his pawn since just after school started."

I could tell the last part dug under her skin as she gritted her teeth, as she was looking really frustrated I decided to pour gas on the fire.

"You know Horikita, this entire time you have been thinking about how he has been mentally influencing your decisions and leading you down paths, but even those actions are all just the work of the strings that he has you on that you haven't even noticed yet. If I am to give advice it would be to stop struggling and embrace what he is doing, after all his goal is to make you the best class leader you can be."

As she started boiling in anger I stood up and pointed at the door for her to leave, I don't want to get stabbed by compass-chan, my body gets enough abuse by two certain women already.

Horikita stood up and walked to the door, once she had her shoes on she turned to me before leaving.

"I will make sure Ayanokoji plays you in Chess, you better win, or I will never forgive you."

"Yeah yeah yeah, enjoy doing one of the quizzes they pick and still losing."

With that she left and I could finally get back to what I was doing, talking to Horikita is really annoying for some reason.

Unfortunately for me I couldn't focus for the rest of the night and ended up going to bed, guess I will have to read the rest tomorrow.

To be honest I am excited about the Chess game I will end up playing soon, don't worry Ayanokoji, I got you with the backup.

The End

I am going to start adding some original story having to do with the main character starting after the Event Selection exam so that's hype. Make sure to do your daily T pose, cya sexies.