Chapter 03: Looking For A Target, Gaining Acknowledgment

Author's note:

Acknowledgment' is the attribute of the 'Legacy Inheritance System' that the main character, Uchiha Tunan, awakened when he crossed over to the Naruto World. Once a person that acknowledges him dies, Tunan will inherit all his or her abilities.

There are six ranks in Jutsu (techniques). E-rank (fundamental level), D-rank (genin level), C-rank (chunin), B-rank (jonin), A-rank (kage or jonin) and S-rank (secret or extreme level)
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Time flew by, and the holidays were over in the blink of an eye. Uchiha Tonan had learned a lot about trapping, assassination, camouflage, and poisoning techniques by now. So far, the system did not send him any alerts, implying that his parents were still alive.

Two chunin cannon fodders, how come their lives were so firm?

Tonan was vexed. He couldn't simply sit still and wait for their deaths. It was clear which political side he had to stand on. The next step was to show his value.

If he wanted to be stronger, he could only gain acknowledgment and then kill that person. However, in a head-on battle, he couldn't even defeat Obito, the lowest-ranked at the Ninja Academy.

The only remaining way was to covertly assassinate.

As for the ideal target, that would be someone who was not too strong or too weak, and it would be best if the person had no clue about ninja assassination techniques.

In short, he could only start with the students at the Academy.

Tonan was a first-year student. His target pool was the second or third-year students. Anyone who scored high in strength but low in intellect would be optimal. With strength, after inheriting the person's ability, he could be outstanding among his peers.

As for why weak in intellect, because that would make it easier to kill that person.

The plan was divided into three steps.

Gain acknowledgment, assassinate, deal with the aftermath.

He must not make any errors in any of these steps.

Gaining acknowledgment was a prerequisite for inheriting abilities. The assassination process was as good or bad as his plan. As for dealing with the aftermath, that could be troublesome. If the Anbu were alarmed, then with Tonan's limited resources, it would be very hard to run or hide.

Thinking of this, Tonan's eyes flashed with pallid light.

......

The Ninja Academy opened the next day. This time, Sarutobi Hiruzen didn't deliver any speech. It seemed that the war on the frontline had fallen into a stalemate.

During the recess, Tonan quietly left his classroom and headed to the third-year classroom.

"Teno-san," Tonan waved his hand at Uchiha Teno, looking excited.

Teno was a third-year student, who ranked sixth overall in the Academy. The first ranker was also from the Uchiha clan, Uchiha Tetsugo.

Hearing his name being called out, Teno looked over and was a little surprised. At a glance, he recognized Tonan , the trash that the clan members had been talking about.

He ignored him but couldn't do so for long. Due to Tonan's continuous calling, Teno had to walk out of the classroom. He coldly asked, "Little imp, why are you looking for me?"