◦༻ 22...Life Himself

Start from the beginning

     "I know, I killed him." Y/n replied, making Da Hong's eyes go wide for a second but then fall back down.

     It wasn't like Da Hong had a place to talk, he had killed countless people and done 10x the crimes of Y/n. So, he kept his mouth shut about it.

     "Anyway- he told me that I had to go back into this world and not just wander around in his head anymore."

     "You were in his head?!"

     "Shut it, I couldn't even control what he did, and that's not the important part." Da Hong cut off Y/n's attitude and Y/n rolled his eyes.

     It wasn't easy talking to someone who looked, had the same personality, and had the exact same thought process as you. It was kinda awkward because whenever you got mad at the other it was like getting mad at yourself. Which just made it embarrassing.

     "He reformed my soul as his last use of his powers before he officially died and then told me to tell you.." Da Hong trailed off, hesitating to tell Y/n the next part.

     "To tell me what."

     "...we'll you see, I kinda stole your job as Death. And now you're...Life."

───༻ ❍ ༺───

     Both Y/n and Da Hong had come to a stable agreement in the end. The good thing about arguing with your past self is that it was easy to come to an agreement sine you shared either the same or similar thought processes.

     They would become life and death, Y/n as life, Da Hong as death. They both split the robes that were made by Chun Chentao between themselves, Da Hong even sat through Y/n's sapping about how much he missed her and his family back in his original world.

     They also got an extra accessory, a pair of silver diadems wrapped around their foreheads and the gem sat in the middle of their eyebrows. These were found by Da Hong who snuck off to a local market once in Yushi and stole them. Y/n cringed a little at that, but he kept his mouth shut when Da Hong told him how overpriced they were (even for being diadems).

A/N: Check Outfits Chapter For New Look(s)

     Luckily with his new aura as Life it made people feel calmed and relaxed, so it was easy to do this part if the job, to make the child fall asleep.

     As life, he had a new job and it's requirements. His main job was similar to Death's, or now Da Hong's.

1. His baseline job: Summon soon to be born babies, and give them their destiny/fate.

2. Extra that he's technically aloud to do: Give people a longer lifeline/more spiritual energy.

3. Not part of the job but known to be done rarely: Have people skip the stage of becoming a ghost and get reincarnated immediately.

4. An extra: Always smile, whether it be hostile or not, smile.

     Apparently Life and Death were always a pair, most people preferred to see Life after they died because it meant they would be reincarnated. Everyone had seen life as a baby before they were born, very few got to see him again and be aware of it. Life and Death also had infinite spiritual energy, specifically made to distribute to gods or deities if needed.