Blackout

I don't remember much after Vince spoke those words. Pretty soon, I had blacked out...

I saw nothing but white which quickly faded. I looked around and there was nothing. The walls were blank and there was no ground beneath my feet. I was afraid...but then again, I was at peace. There were no sirens, no screaming, just silence, and room to think my loudest thoughts without fear of anyone hearing them. Soon, my peace was interrupted. There was a brief darkness and then I heard a loud scream. Suddenly, I was in my childhood home again.

I ran to my mother's bedroom as quick as I could. She was cowering in the corner, while my father's hand was falling to his side. "Next time, you'll know better!" he shouted. "I can't fuckin take this no more! Me esta volviendo loco!" My Pops stormed past me as if he didn't see me. I watched him walk out of the door, just as I had as a child. A young me and a young Gabby walked right past me and up to my Moms. She started crying uncontrollably and they did their best to comfort her. I couldn't bring myself to say or do anything. All I could feel was pain...

A flash of light interrupted my thoughts. Once again, there was no ground beneath my feet. It felt as if I was going through a physical transition. I turned around in a circle, unsure of where I was or whether or not I would go back to reality. I could see someone approaching me from a distance. Upon closer inspection, it looked like Stephanie. Only she was dressed in all white, like an angel or something. I backed up, afraid of what might happen next. She pressed herself against me and then placed a soft kiss on my lips. She smiled at me which made me smile back.

"Don't be afraid, you can come back now." she said in a soft voice. I noticed myself breathing again, something that frightened me. I hadn't been breathing...I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes to see a guy that I hadn't seen before, standing over me along with a paramedic or two. I was in pain and strangely enough, I was happy to feel it. "He's back!" I heard one of the paramedic's shout. They immediately began to give me oxygen. I was so confused. I didn't know what had just happened, all I knew was, I was alive...