Epilogue

~8 years later~

"Happy birthday to you-" I watched my family sing off key while my mother brought out the cake

"Happy birthday to you-" I watched my family sing off key while my mother brought out the cake. German chocolate every year, my favorite. She set it on the dining table in front of me. I tried my best to stop the blush creeping to my face.

"Make a wish." Arlo's warm link wrapped my heart. I glanced to him and his tousled hair, he hasn't aged a day, I admired the shirt I got him last year on his birthday and it still fit him well. I closed my eyes and although every stare was glued to me, I could only feel his. I severed my link to him, knowing he was listening in on my mind. He insisted he hear my wish every year, to ensure he makes each one come true. This years wish I wanted to keep secret, even from him.

I opened and blew out my candles, catching sight of Arlo's narrowed stare. He was upset I broke our tradition.

Dixon leaned across the table, dipping his finger into my cake, reveling in the taste just to be annoying.

"Little shit." I muttered his way. His smirk grew.

"Thea!" Mom snapped at me, while pulling the candles from the cake. Arlo stood to grab plates, but not before putting Dixon in a head lock.

"Just for that you're on dish duty." He teased him. Dixon was a preteen, he was growing so quickly, and had a mouth on him. I'm sure my mother would like to blame me for that lovely attribute.

"Dad said he was doing dishes tonight!" Dixon argued. Sam shook his head humorously.

"I think you've earned the chore." Samuel agreed with Arlo. It took a while for things to get normal between the both of them. Arlo says he tolerates Sam. But I think deep down he enjoys their drinks on the patio on family dinner nights.

We ate, drank, and laughed. Mom kissed us goodbye before Arlo helped me into the car. I had gotten a little tipsy and he was well aware of my difficulty in heels. He pulled off my shoes before getting in the car himself. I leaned back against the seat and sighed. This was content joy, watching my mate drive me home while throwing me soft smiles anytime he caught me staring.

"So I'm curious. What was the wish this year?" He finally asked after we made it home. I've been waiting all night for his curiosity to get the best of him. Instead of answering, I trotted upstairs.

"Don't walk away from me." He playfully chased me, throwing his keys on the entry way table. I turned when I made it to our bedroom, unzipping my dress and pulling it from my shoulders. His wolf surfaced as I tugged it off completely.

I made my way to the beast inside him, feeling my hands to his broad warm chest. He hummed with satisfaction as I slowly unbuttoned his crisp shirt.

"I love you." I whispered. His wolf softened his gaze.

"I love you too sweetheart." He cooed, even his beast had a soft side.

"Don't be angry, but I want Arlo tonight." I spoke slowly. His brows furrowed, he knew I never had a preference. He was my Alpha in the bedroom so I was surprised to see him respect my wishes so easily, closing his eyes and opening them to those baby blues.