nine

–––––– nine ––––––

–––––– nine ––––––

A young woman in hopes of one day being allowed to dress a career tribute. She was reaching for the stars. Calla's new stylist was truly talented. The woman somehow managed to combine elegance and simplicity with extravagance and richness.

She incorporated the train tracks of district six in every of the young victors outfits. She found beauty in them. This time it she dressed her in an aline of smooth, light blue silk traced with lines of gold. Its sleeves were loosely tailored and reached up to Calla's hands. Their see-through fabric enabled the audience to catch a glimpse of the delicate bracelets on both her arms.

Her stylist put Calla's hair in soft waves this time, before adding to its volume with some extensions. After letting it grow for three years, it reached her lower back. In addition, a a greek laurel wreath of gold and sapphires rested on the girl's head.

For the most part the make-up was kept rather simple. The make-up artist's goal was to make the victor's skin to appear as smooth and delicate as humanly possible. They had succeeded. Not a single flaw could be found on Calla Forte's face.

Her eyes were adorned by golden and sapphire blue eyeliner. The original plan was to just leave it this way, however Calla Forte had one last request.

"This look is supposed to help me get the people's attention and to emphasise on what I have to say, isn't it?" All her stylists nodded. "Could you maybe add some tears then?"

She had never seen her make-up team as excited as in that moment. To be fair though, she had never made any suggestions beforehand. The tears ended up looking beautifully. An illusion of golden glitter running down her face was created.

"Thank you," Calla spoke. "This has exceeded all my previous expectations. I think I have never looked as lovely."

She wished she could just wear dresses like this without having to attend any social events. Interviews, parades or parties. The only good thing about these events were the gowns her new stylist had put together for her. Maybe she would even miss the nice dresses once entering the arena.

Although Johanna Mason always winded up with the worst dresses, the girl too had a love for fashion. They had shared many phone calls, discussing Katniss' new dresses.

"Oh, you truly outdid yourself this time, Violet," were Euphoria's first words once she spotted her tribute. "Gorgeous darling," she continued. Calla send her a quick smile, after looking at her reflection in the grand mirror.

–––––– nine ––––––

The victors hands became sweaty as soon as the loud Capitol music rang out. Cheers erupted from the audience as Caesar Flickerman entered the stage to greet the ever so excited Capitol with deafening laughter.