seven

------ seven ------

------ seven ------

The clock was ticking. It would strike midnight in a few seconds. Ten. Nine. Eight. Seven. Six. Five. Four. Three. Two. One. The elevator door opened. Midnight had arrived. Without any kind of warning Johanna had dragged the brunette to the rooftop.

Immediately, the cold night air hit Calla's soft skin. The cool breeze gave her goosebumps. They covered her entire body. Her white gown gave Calla little to no protection from the chilling temperatures. She wasn't dressed for a midnight stroll. However, the others were. Haymitch and Finnick were on the roof alongside her and Johanna.

Whilst Finnick flashed her a dashing smile, Calla shot the older girl a confused look. She seemed to be the only one who didn't have the slightest idea what was going on. She didn't know yet that Johanna had led her right into a rebellion. They wanted the Capitol to go up in flames and watch the city burn to the ground.

Haymitch had a plan for them. He had a plan for the girl on fire. She was the rebellion. To keep the rebellion alive meant to keep Katniss Everdeen alive. With her the rebellion would die. Then Snow would never go up in flames.

They wanted to break both tributes from district 12 out of the arena. The plan stood the moment the Quell was announced. They had to move heaven and hell to achieve their goal.

"So Katniss' life is worth more than ours?" Calla asked after the surprisingly sober victor from 12 had told her everything. "You expect us to die for a girl we barely even know? You want me to put everyone I love in danger, just so I can protect her?" Her voice grew louder with every word she spoke.

"Calm down, doll." For the first time, Johanna said those words to Calla. Usually it was the other way around. The girl from 6 wasn't the firecracker in their relationship, but, at that moment, she was furious. Mostly, she was mad at the world. Her whole life consisted of making hard decisions. She didn't want to make them anymore.

"It's not about 12, Calla. This is about the revolution," Finnick said, giving her another playful smirk. Haymitch nodded, before putting a golden bangle in his hands. Gold. The colour that united them as a team. The bracelet would keep Katniss from ending the victor with one of her arrows.

"We're in on it too," Johanna told Haymitch for the both of them, although Calla didn't want to be in on it. She didn't like the plan. Katniss wasn't her priority. She didn't want to make the girl on fire her priority.

"Katniss told me that she wanted you as an ally." The old man's gaze found Calla. Reluctantly, the brunette nodded, looking at Johanna for help. "She also told me that-" Johanna was quick to interrupt him. "Calla has accepted the proposal." She held out her hand, waiting for Haymitch to place the golden token in her hand.

It was a magnificent piece of art. An intricate hair clip, depicting a blooming calla lily, was found in the older girl's hands.

------ seven ------