Goodbyes and Amusement

Artemis' POV

After another hour or so, just everyone has gone home, except of course the family that Alex has seem to have built over the past year or so.

After talking to so many people and potential allies, I feel drained, as if I could just pass out on the couch here and not wake up for hours. But that's something I can't do.

Already Jasper has messaged me asking where I was, our mother having been looking for me earlier, but thankfully me leaving the palace for a few hours or hiding away isn't unusual. Never returning however is a whole different matter.

I walk down the hallway back towards the living room from the kitchen and see Briana sitting in the middle of the floor, babies Ashley and Madison crawling around on their blankets, giggling at all the attention they seem to be getting. I approach Bri and the small group around her, Chloe chatting quietly to James and who I've come to know as Cora.

     The dormant attraction and arousal I felt earlier comes rushing back to me, just like the feeling of her lips against mine. Her sweet earthy scent is infused into my mind and I can't help but think about her laying beneath me as I paid homage to her body, praising her soft caramel curves and soft skin.

When I get close, she looks up, her locs falling into her face, and I don't have even the smallest desire to stop myself as I reach out and tuck the hairs behind her ears, grazing her soft cheek with my fingertips in the process.

With a shy gaze, Briana excuses herself from her friends to take my now outstretched hand. Once she stands I lead her away towards the kitchen which is now empty of people.

I lean myself against the counter and pull my sweet butterfly towards me, encircling my arms around her hips securely, our breasts almost touching, my core tightening at the realization. Electricity fills my body at the contact, though I hold myself back from reaching for more, wanting to make sure my butterfly won't fly away on me.

So instead of laying her on the counter so I can kiss every ounce of care that I have for her into her body, I simply raise my hand to press against her cheek, her face nuzzling my hand in an adorable manner.

Her brown eyes are wide and soft as she gazes at me, thinly veiled fear staring back at me. A crease forms between my brows at her worry, and I hold the back of her head before pulling Bri towards me until our boobs are touching, my nipples tingling from the contact. Her body fits perfectly in my arms, and I just hold her there for a moment, pressing my lips to her forehead in a soothing manner that both calms me and awakens my pussy sinfully. I try to drown out thoughts of memorizing my Knots body with reassurances. "Hey, don't worry about me." I tell her, my voice low and husky with the presence of her so tightly pulled against me. "I promise I'll be okay. All that matters to me is your safety. Promise me you won't fly away from me and blame yourself." I beg her, reaching for her chin so that she forced to look me in the eyes.

    To my surprise I don't find regret or doubt or anything negative in her gaze. Just unbridled trust that seems to pour out of her in waves, her confidence in me so profound and unexpected that it makes my heart soar at the realization.

    "I promise. I'll be right here when you come back for me." She tells me softly, her cheeks still that lovely shade of red.

   She's bloody adorable.

   Hitting me with another surprise, my body stiffens, if only for a second, when I feel her arms slowly snake their way around my chest. Almost as if she's waiting for me to stop her, she lowers her head to my chest at a turtles pace and I wait patiently for her to get there herself, enjoying the fact that for once, it's her reaching for me instead of either way around.

    Her hold on me is gentle but secure, and I raise my own arms to wrap around her, holding her luscious body close to me and breath in the scent of sunflowers and earth. Such an intoxicating scent.

She holds me closer and I relish in the action, scared that she might pull away from me and never return. But she stays there in my grasp, her small smile on her face relaxing my worries if only a little. I try not to think about the fact that her face is laying across my breasts and instead focus on soothing her, rubbing her back softly as we stand in the kitchen and hold each other.

"You have to promise me that you won't get hurt and that you'll come back. I'll wait for you if you come back." She tells me softly, and my chest feels like it's going to explode from happiness.

I feel myself tear up and curse inwardly, my sweet butterfly hitting me with surprise after surprise tonight. And while it may seem like I'm complaining, I couldn't be happier. I pull away slightly so that I can look her in the eyes, her own filled with tears of their own making me feel just a little better. "I promise that I will come back to you." I vow and I know in my heart that nothing is going to stop me from keeping that promise no matter what.

She nods into my chest but doesn't let go and for a while we stand there before I have to pull away.

"You have to go now?" She asks me solemnly and I nod, though so wish I could stay wrapped up in her soft hold and addicting scent for hours and learn the way around her body kind and heart.

"Yes." Is my only answer, knowing that if she asked me to stay I would damned the consequences. And I think she knows.

So she doesn't ask.

Instead she just raises on her toes to give me a quiet kiss along my lips that speaks of adoration and unspoken thoughts. I return to kiss and allow her to slip free of my arms so that she can go to the living room. Following her after a few moments to clear my head I enter the large space and call goodbyes to everyone, winking at my Knot before I'm heading out of the door and back towards home.

With the feeling of my sweet butterfly wrapped around me, I head back home, more questions and answers swirling around my mind.

If there's one thing I know, it's this:

I will do everything in my power to make sure my butterfly and I can go back home and live out our days happily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I got four chapters done today. I would do more but I have other things I need to do. I'm so glad I'm back on Adoral it really really is helping me not just with my writing but with day to day life. I'm very happy.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: What did you have for lunch today?