62. Can I Sit Here?

Start from the beginning

"Of course, you are" Francesco sighed while putting his seatbelt on. "Listen, I know you have a session with Felice scheduled on Wednesday" he started awkwardly. "But you don't need to go, in fact, I've been thinking that it will be the best if we start looking for another therapist," he said while starting the car.

"It's because he's Cesare's brother, isn't it?" Sofia asked, resigned. Francesco nodded to confirm.

"Whatever Alessandro decides to do with Cesare, it will have an impact on the whole Santini family. It would be a conflict of interests for Felice to be responsible for your therapy" Francesco explained.

"I got used to having sessions with him," Sofia said sadly "At least let me go for today's meeting, I don't want to end it without saying goodbye"

Francesco nodded "That works. I hope you know you can't mention Cesare to him?"

"I know. What are you planning to do with him?"

"Don't worry about it"

End of flashback.

Sofia's attention shifted to Alessio who just entered the cafeteria. People moved just to give him enough space to not bother him. He sat on his table that was completely empty and no one would ever dare to sit there. No one. There was a rumor the last person who did something like this ended up in the hospital.

After the situation with Cynthia, he wasn't trying to approach her at all. He just ignored her existence. Just like during the banquet in school, he wouldn't spare him a glance.

Sofia on the other hand didn't want to approach him either. She had enough on her plate, having to deal with more brothers was not on her list of things to do. So all she could do was stare hoping he won't notice.

He did notice, but he ignored her.

In fact, he decided to skip classes today, after the moment in the cafeteria he was nowhere to be found.

⭐️⭐️⭐️

Luckily on unluckily whole Ianniello family gathered for a family dinner. Even Alessandro took a break from work to show up. Sofia suspected their brothers' presence had something to do with her revealing the information about Cesare. After she said that they became even more protective of her.

"Um... so tomorrow I'd like to go out with Bruno" Sofia explained quickly and took a big bite of her scrambled eggs in case her brothers had any burning questions.

"To his house?" Francesco asked, his eyes narrowed.

"No. For a coffee" she said nervously.

"I don't like that. Have you forgotten that you're not allowed to date?" Valentino said, his eyes narrowed dangerously.

"Actually, she can date if she wants," Alessandro said and the whole room went quiet because what?!

"What?" Sofia asked, surprised by her oldest brother's response. She wasn't alone in her surprise.

"I mentioned when you came here that the ban is temporary. You've been here long enough for me to know what I need to know. You can go out with him... for a coffee. Under certain conditions"

Of course, there was a catch.

"What conditions?"

"You will read a sex-ed book I will give to you"

"Really? Like you know that I know all that just please don't... talk about it" she was completely red now, and not hungry anymore. Ew.

"Really. And I will ask you questions so you better have it memorized. I want you to know everything you need to know in order to be safe" Alessandro explained, unbothered by his audience groans.

"I will read it but for the record, I don't think I want to date right now" Sofia warned.

"And if you think about a boy serious before you start an official relationship I want you to introduce him to us on a Sunday dinner"

"And what will be served on this dinner? His soul?" Sofia asked with skepticism.

"We can be nice you know," Francesco said almost offended, Valentino cackled and Alessandro smirked.

Ok, so the lift of the dating ban was superficial because she will never ever invite any poor soul for Sunday family dinner.

⭐️⭐️⭐️

The evening was lovely.

Sofia recently realized why she loved blankets and collected them obsessively.

Blankets were warm and soft. Like a hug. A hug she desperately needed back when she was living with her mother. Now? Now she kinda didn't need hugs that much because she has her brothers close.

For example, Valentino was watching a football match tonight. Sofia found that as a perfect opportunity to avoid being alone with her thoughts. She joined him at the huge couch in the living room with her blanket and with her head rested on a fluffy pillow she was falling asleep to the noise of the match commentator.

"Are you even watching?" Valentino asked while taking a handful of popcorn.

"Sure" Sofia replied with her eyes closed.

"What is the score?"

"Um" she opened her eyes to see 2:1 woohooo" she replied in a sleepy voice.

He grinned "mhm and which shirt color belongs to Italy?"

She looked at the football players. One team had red colored uniforms other team had green color Sofia really couldn't tell who's who.

Most importantly: she didn't give a shit.

"The hell is this questioning for," she asked now fully awake.

"Awww did my little sis wanted to spend time with me?" He asked in an annoyingly childish voice.

"Shut up," said Sofia completely red "I'm going to my room"

He pulled her by the back of her shirt.

"Stay, it's dark and I'm afraid to be alone"' he said.

Sofia couldn't help but giggle at his ridiculous excuse. The moment she came back on the couch and closed her eyes she was asleep.

****

Sorry guys for not responding or updating I'm just feeling overwhelmed right now. Also sorry for making grammar mistakes and not making chapters long enough.