12. New Start

Sofia's face changed into deep red color when she realized this place was a private home not a tourist destination.

But holy shit she's going to live here? Here? She couldn't be more excited. Everything was just so pretty.

The hallway was decorated with hand-painted mural. It was an open space on the right side there was a dining room to the left side a ballroom? This place was something different.

The paintings on the walls were made in renaissance style, the main color was pastel blue and green.

After the initial moment of shock and wonder realization came: she's not here alone.

Valentino was here.

When she saw his back in the car yesterday she didn't have a time to be scared of him. So many things has happened. But now when he stood in front of her he was intimidating just like he was when she first met him. She took automatically a step back and fell into Francesco who held her in place and squeezed her shoulder in reassurance. She couldn't see the death stare he was giving his brother.

"Hey, don't be scared this idiot is not going to hurt you" Francesco assured, without letting her go from his protective embrace. He crossed the boundary of personal space so quickly and yet Sofia didn't mind, there was something about him that made her trust him.

"Right, you should be scared of Francesco, not me. He studied at Harvard and now he thinks he can call everyone's an idiot" Valentino pointed out bitterly.

"I'm not calling that everyone, just you. Also, I have the right it's written on my diploma" Francesco responded with good humor.

"Written on my ass" Valentino muttered in an annoyed voice.

"Sofia, have you heard this? No? Must have been a wind then" Francesco said pretending he didn't hear his brother's remark.

But Sofia didn't move. Francesco turned around to look at her with surprise.

"Um... actually. Can I go unpack?" She pointed at her pitiful backpack who was about to fall apart any minute now "I really need to take a shower"

"Oh right, sure. Follow me"

🔆🔆🔆

Sofia was taken to her room which happened to be on the second floor.

"My room and Alessandro's room are on the third floor. Alessandro has his office there so make sure to not make too much noise when you're there" Francesco explained.

"Is there any reason for me to go there?"

"Only if you like books. We have a private library on the third floor"

"I love books" Sofia wasn't exaggerating. Books were her obsession.

"That's great. We can get you something in English, right, about shopping. Clara will bring you a laptop after you're done with your shower" he pointed at the door that lead to the private bathroom "Order clothes for yourself. And whatever else that you need or want. Get everything to the cart and bring the laptop to me. You will find me in the living room today I'm working at home since we didn't want to leave you on your own on your first day here"

"O-okay, thank you for everything," Sofia said shyly and he smiled at her gently.

Sofia followed every step in Francesco's plan. She ordered a few items from ASOS. Three pairs of jeans and five plain t-shirts. She wasn't looking for things she liked, she added everything to the cart in record time since she hated shopping and most importantly she hated the idea that she has to rely on someone's money.

After she was finished she wanted nothing else but to fall asleep but she had to go downstairs to give Francesco his laptop back.

"Dinner is ready" Clara announced.

"Okay, we will be there soon" Francesco responded.

"Actually, I'm not hungry. Can I eat something later?" Sofia asked getting up from the sofa and preparing herself to leave the room.

"You can eat something now" cold voice ordered. Sofia looked up to see Alessandro with a stern expression. He must have come into the room just to hear her speaking the last sentence. Shit, she really didn't want to get in trouble with him, not on the first day here. Preferably never.

"They served food at the hospital and I just want to go to sleep" Sofia explained.

"You will sleep after you've eaten a proper meal. Dining room, please"

Valentino was a witness to this conversation. His just arrived.

"Valentino, you're late again"

"Is he always like this?" Sofia whispered to her youngest sibling.

"Like what? Rude? Bossy? As-" Valentino responded a little too loudly.

"Finish that sentence and see what happens" Alessandro promised, his voice was smooth. It felt weird considering he was threatening his brother.

Valentino, of course, didn't finish the sentence.

🔆🔆🔆

Sorry for keeping this chapter short I hope you like it!