it started with hot cocoa and a bedwars stream - karlnap

oki rq, art creds to 6rimaku on Twitter (i think-), i just thought it was super cute so i had to-

also sorry for the long name-

prequel to 'engagement' hehehehe

>----<

Karl was sitting on the sofa one afternoon in the middle of October. It'd been cold all day and he hadn't gotten around to doing anything productive yet. He, at the moment, was scrolling through Tumblr (like a boss lol) and looking at fanart. There was a knock at the door.

He got up to open it, finding Sapnap standing there with two Starbucks drinks.

"Hey, Karl!" Sapnap looked happily at Karl.

"Oh hey Sapnap, I didn't realize you'd come to visit!" Karl smiled brightly, excited to see his good friend.

"I brought hot cocoa!" He grinned in a very playful way.

"Nice, I was just thinking about how cold it is-"

"Yeah, speaking of the cold, can I come in?"

"Oh gosh, yeah, sorry," Karl moved aside to let Sapnap in.

Sapnap stepped in, grinning.

"You seem excited- Something cool happen?" Karl asked, closing the door.

"Nah, except for me being able to come see you." Sapnap looked at Karl again.

Karl went slightly pink, laughing a little bit. "You can visit any time, you know that right?"

"Yeah! That's what makes my life better."

Karl tried to hide his grin and failed. "You're too cute, Sapnap-"

"Not as cute as you!!" He grinned back.

"I beg to differ!!" Karl giggled.

"Don't lie!"

"Sure-"

Sapnap handed Karl a drink, laughing a little.

Karl willing accepted the drink, taking a sip as he smiled a bit. "So what's it been like living in Florida? Warm?"

"Very, almost too warm." Sapnap sighed.

"Aw, I'm sorry. If it ever gets a bit too warm, fly over! I could always use some company."

"Thanks, Karl..."

"No problem. You're my best friend."

Sapnap's face went slightly pink. "M-mhm"

Karl pretended not to notice, trying not to think too much about it. "So, do you wanna stream? Or just hang out? We could watch a movie or something."

"Why don't we stream?" Sapnap smiled brighter.

"Sounds good. Minecraft? Something else?" Karl starts walking towards his gaming room.

"Let's go with Minecraft..." Sapnap followed Karl, smiling still.

"Okay! Any idea of what kinda thing you wanna do?" Karl took a sip of his hot cocoa. "We could do a speedrun, bedwars, something on the SMP maybe?"

"Why don't we play bedwars?" Sapnap smiles.

Karl nods. "Sounds good to me. Just normal bedwars or are you wanting to do a challenge or something?"

"Just normal–"

"Normal it is then." Karl laughs a little bit.

~~~

"Heya chat! How're you all doing today?" Karl smiled, looking at the chat. "I've got a special guest with me here today!"

Karl looked to the side where Sapnap was sitting.

Sapnap smiles. "Hey, guys!"

The chat absolutely blew up, several of them having a moment over another karlnap meetup (heheh).

"Yeah, as you all can see, I've got Sapnap up here with me today!" Karl absolutely beamed.

"Yep– though I decided that I would bring myself here" Sapnap grins mischievously at Karl.

Karl does that thing where he giggles into his hands (YOU KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT-). "I had no idea he was gonna be here until he showed up- With hot cocoa though!" He holds up his cup.

Sapnap takes a sip of his own cocoa. "Mmhm..."

Karl sets down his cup and takes Sapnap's, taking a sip. "You didn't even ask me if I wanted caramel- traitor-"

"Hey- at least I still got you some-" Sapnap rolls his eyes

"You know you love me-"

"Clearly." He grins.

Karl laughs a little bit and looks happily over at Sapnap. The chat absolutely DIES, (just like my soul, ayooo-) the shippers especially going INSANE.

Karl giggles. "'Karlnap confirmed?' I mean-" He looks at Sapnap, making direct eye contact. "Is it?"

"U-uhm.... I guess....?"

Karl goes kinda pink. "Does that mean I can kiss you now?"

Sapnap nods, going red.

Karl leans in, giving Sapnap a quick peck on the lips. "How was that?"

"Wow I— I never thought that would happen I–"

Once again, the shippers die (we're weak-) and everyone else is definitely having some brain lag.

"I guess it happened-" Karl fumbles grabbing a box from his desk, and getting out of his chair. "This's probably going to sound so, so weird, but uhm..."

Sapnap freezes, looking slightly shocked.

Karl gets down on one knee and opens the box. "Sapnap, do you wanna marry me-?"

"I– yes- YES!!" Sapnap nearly cries.

Karl looks startled. "Wait really? You're serious-?"

"Yes!!!"

Karl looks like he might cry, standing back up and hugging Sapnap. "Oh my gosh.... Thank you- thank you so much, Sapnap-"

He hugs Karl back, crying slightly. "I would never say no...."

Karl separates from the hug offering Sapnap the ring. "Do you want this, or-?"

"Yes..." He holds out his (left) hand.

Karl takes it and slips on the ring, which is surprisingly well-fitting already. He has a moment of brain lag. "Wait- WAIT- I'M ENGAGED NOW-"

Sapnap laughs. There was a reason he loved Karl.

>----<

803 words

fuck that took so long- ty again to nova for helping me omg-