Anything For A Friend/Thievery

I woke up to the sound of humming, and groaned in pain, my muscles sore and stiff, my wounds aching, and frowned, seeing Jinx hanging upside down on my sofa, flipping through the pages of her sketchbook, a pencil clenched between her teeth. I ran my fingers through my hair, before standing up, and tugged a long sleeved shirt on, before flopping down beside her. "What are you doing down here? I know you don't like it down here.. It triggers your episodes." Her eyes darted towards me, and she sat up fast, her braids nearly slapping me, as she shoved her face into mine. "Let me see your face for a minute." I blinked, confused, then froze, as her fingers gripped the edge of my mask.

She winced, and I realized my hand was instinctively gripping hers tightly, and I let go, averting my eyes, as I slowly removed my mask, my lungs instantly burning with pain as they were hit with non medicated oxygen, and I coughed a bit, setting the mask down on the sofa beside me. Jinx's fingers gently traced my face, and she sighed. "Sorry. Sometimes, I forget what you look like under there. Seeing your real face helps me feel better." I frowned, and gently shoved her hand away, blushing. "It shouldn't. I was supposed to protect you and the others, and I barely managed to do that. I'm a shitty person. I kill other people for a living.. You know that. And before you say it, you may kill people too, but not like me. I'm an assassin, and kill anyone Silco wants me to, or anyone I'm paid to."

She shrugged, and giggled a bit. "Killing people is fun. It doesn't bother me that you do it. How else would you survive? Those people would kill you if you didn't kill them first. Maybe we should go killing together sometime. I could rig a few bombs around, and then, boom! It would be so much faster than having to stab them, wouldn't it?" I sighed, able to tell she was after something, and rolled my eyes. "What do you want me to help you with? You know I'll do it, even if it gets me into trouble. I like you way too much to say no- Besides, someone has to keep an eye on you, right? Who better than your best friend?" She frowned, and muttered, "Silco thinks I'm out of control. I disappointed him. I wanna prove him wrong by nabbing something important from up top as a present. You know, for Progress Day?" She blew a strand of blue hair out of her face, and smiled. "Pretty please?"

I groaned, and shoved my mask back on as it started getting harder to breathe, then shook my head. "I didn't mean I would go up there.. You know I hate it." She pouted, then sighed, and muttered, "You're right. She is being a party pooper." I glared at the empty space beside her head, and muttered, "Oh, shut up. You know I'll help her anyway. We just need to avoid the Enforcers, and everyone else." Jinx tackled me with a hug, laying her head on my chest, and told me, "I promise that everything is gonna be fine. I won't let anything happen to you. You know that.. Besides, you need to get out more! You're always moping around down here, and as your friend, I'm gonna make sure you get to blow up things and have more fun." She giggled crazily, and I couldn't help but smile, seeing her happy after the bad episode she'd had making me happy, too.

I got up, and told her, "What kind of friend would I be if I let you go on your own? And you're right- I can't just hide forever. I need to go face my fears, or they'll keep giving me bad nightmares." I saw her smile fall, and she sighed, getting up as I grabbed my sword. "I'm sorry the nightmares won't stop. I see bad things, too.. Sometimes, I can't tell what's real and what isn't anymore. But you can always come sleep in my room if you need to.. I wouldn't mind." I nodded, and replied, "Okay. I'll stay with you tonight.. It's cold and boring down here anyway. I could help you build more bombs." Her smile instantly came back, and we both made our way out of The Last Drop, then to a long tunnel, which led straight up to Piltover's streets, and then, we quietly made our way out into an empty alleyway, the darkness of night helping to cover us. "Okay, you'll have to show me where this thing you need to get is."

I turned to look at Jinx, and felt the color drain out of my face, as she was already gone. "I hate it when she does that.." I groaned, and quietly climbed onto the rooftops, looking for her everywhere, being as quiet as possible, and by the time I managed to find her after looking everywhere, she was sneaking out the back of an abandoned building, holding a glowing blue orb, a smirk on her face, and I saw smoke and flames coming out of the building behind her, as Enforcers raced towards it. "Oh, no- What did she do?" I made my way down to the street, the Enforcers too busy to notice me at the moment, and I saw Jinx's eyes widen as I ended up close to the building. "Max!" Before I could figure out why she looked so worried, an explosion rocked the whole building, flames and debris exploding outwards, sending me flying, the heat searing my skin, and I hit the ground extremely hard, pain flooding every inch of my body.

I groaned, my ears ringing from the explosion, and faintly saw Jinx standing there through the smoke, and slowly pushed myself up, seeing more Enforcers heading towards the scene. "Run! I'll be fine.. Just go!" She took off, disappearing into the night, and I stayed where I was, in too much pain to move, then felt handcuffs slapped painfully onto my wrists. I was roughly hauled to my feet, and sighed, seeing none other than Sheriff Marcus glaring down at me. "It's been a few weeks, hasn't it? Did you miss me, Sheriff?" He clearly didn't think I was funny, as he grabbed me by the front of my shirt. "What are you doing up here tonight? Silco and I have a deal. You are supposed to send me a message ahead of time to let me know when you're coming here, so I can clean up your mess."

I shrugged, and replied, "It's a nice night. I wanted to visit. It gets boring down there, you know. Oh, wait- You don't know. None of you do." I glared at him, as I was dragged forcibly all the way to Stillwater Prison, and shoved into a different cell than usual, in the level reserved for dangerous criminals. "I won't be in here for long, and you'll be in big trouble for putting me in here." Marcus slammed the cell door shut, and muttered, "You'll be in there long enough for you to know that you can't just do whatever you want. You almost cost me my job- If anyone found out about our little agreement, it wouldn't end well for either of us." He walked off, and I sighed, curling up on the cold floor, listening to the shouting all around me of other prisoners, and the constant sound of someone hitting the wall in the cell next to mine, clearly suffering from serious anger issues, and knew that soon, Silco or someone would come rescue me, and I could make sure Jinx hadn't been caught, too..