Chapter 25

BJ Alex reference in this story?? I think so. Can you catch it?

--

Brian's POV

"Want to be boyfriends?" I asked that at probably the worst time ever in history, but how could I not? I just couldn't hold myself back. Yes, I know he needs time, but I just want him so bad. I want to hold him in my arms every night, kiss him every morning at dawn, hold his hand like it is no one's business. I can't stop these feelings anymore.

Kyler was frozen in place, staring deeply into my eyes. I could only imagine the thoughts going through his mind. Actually, I didn't even think about the rejection part. I knew he liked me- 100% knew- but there were plenty of reasons to say no. And we were just clearing things up.

Kyler eventually spoke some shocking words.

"I've known since the night you sat and listened to my story all the way through. You excepted all my problems with no hesitation. You want to stick up for me when times get difficult. At that moment, I knew you were the one and I couldn't ask for anyone better."

And before I knew it, soft lips had planted themselves on my own. I felt like I was on cloud nine. I grabbed his neck and pulled him closer, not wanting a centimeter between us. He grabbed my hair and pulled, making me let out a gasp. He then entered his tongue into my mouth- me gladly accepting. He was surprisingly a fantastic kisser. I shouldn't be too shocked though as he did have a long-term boyfriend.

Was I seriously letting him take the lead? He's so brave right now. And confident too. I like this side of Kyler. This side felt so natural yet unnatural. It was foreign for me to see this side of him. Though, I have noticed him become more confident with his words around me. His actions have been too. And they definitely were here.

We pulled away slowly, breathing heavily and smiling at each other before noticing multiple people staring at us. When did all these people get here?! I looked back to the lunch line and saw fresh food in place of the recently empty pans, along with a growing line of students. Some of them were whispering to each other and I could only imagine it was about what had occurred.

"I looked at Kyler in terror. I so was not ready for this yet. I had only just gotten into my first homosexual relationship. I felt a tug on my hoodie sleeve and Kyler led me to the boy's bathroom furthest from the lunchroom. Even now he was looking after me. He had just been seen by dozens of students with judging eyes and he was still only caring for me.

"Kyler..." I said shakily.

"It's okay. Things will be fine. You're Mr. Popular, remember? I'm pretty sure you'll have some good people staying by your side. And, you know? The relationships you end up losing were doomed from the start." I shook my head.

"This cannot be happening." I sighed loudly then started to pace.

"Brian..." Kyler hesitated to speak for a moment before finally saying, "If you feel regretful, we can end this relationship." I stopped dead in my tracks then hugged him gingerly.

"No. I don't want that. I just got you."

"I want what will make things easier on you. Us ending things here will be the best choice for you and we both know it."

"But what about your feelings? You're the other half in this relationship. You're thoughts count just as much as mine." I caressed his cheek.

"My thoughts are insignificant at this moment. I will only bring you more harm than peace. I would be the one to regret this relationship if you ended up getting hurt, and I know you will. You will regret being with me and toss me-" He instantly cut off what he was saying before backtracking his words. "You will regret being with me because you will be suffering too much.