A Secret Man of Blood | Wera

AuthorGaryRiddell

Title of Work: A Secret Man of Blood

Package: Silver Egg Package

Reviewed: Chapters 1-10

↢ ❦ ↣

2 out of 5

2 out of 5

The cover isn't visually appealing to me. I think two major elements of the current cover that makes it difficult to connect with is that the text is a little difficult to read and your name is too small. I also wish there were specific elements on the cover that would allude to what the reader can expect when they see this book. I recommend looking through Wattpad cover shops and even some published high fantasy novels to get an idea of what would suit your book best. You can choose symbols or even a single character to provide a better visual representation. 

2 out of 5

2 out of 5

I think your blurb is a good start, though there are a couple of problematic issues that could be addressed to make it stronger. I understand this is a high fantasy novel and there may be concepts that individuals may not understand immediately. Though, it can be overwhelming to the reader to add world building details into your blurb. One of the issues with your blurb is you're trying to explain too much at once. You have interesting concepts, but you don't have to define everything in your blurb. Take your time with it and introduce it bit by bit in the story itself.

Some examples of having too much are in these lines:

> Spectres are agents of the Samarian Empire, the first line of defence before diplomats or the military are required. Immune from prosecution and trained to use powerful magic, they deal out justice at the end of a blade.

> He is joined by Anya Fitzwallis, A DIA agent and expert investigator, Anya's brother Indigo, an autistic mage who holds an immense power, The Kindred, a highly advanced Artificial Intelligence, and Sig, a Dwarf who can carry heavy stuff.