I called my mum before leaving the café to make sure that they were home. I asked if they needed me to stop somewhere to pick up something for dinner. She said that we would order some take away later and that they were waiting for us. Marcel asked if they could set up the Scrabble board. When we got home, my dad had already set it up.

I hug them both as they are warmly welcoming. To my biggest surprise, I see Marcel doing the same and it's with a pat on the back that my father leads him to the dining room. I follow Mum to the kitchen to serve the wine Mace brought with us.

The men are talking about Rebecca when we enter the room. Marcel quickly inquires about other recommendations from Dad. Most of the titles he suggests, Mace has already read them.

"For a banker, you are quite an avid reader. Where comes from this passion of yours for literature"

"Believe it or not, Marcel, I wanted to study English Lit when I was young. But it wasn't a reliable study field for my parents. They wanted me to have a career. So I studied ecom and administration."

"Do you share his passion for literature, Ms Hemingway?"

"I told you to call me Laura, Love." Mum smiles radiantly at him. She seems very happy. It warms my heart to see her that way. It's been a while.

"Sorry. Old habits." Marcel apologises silently, glancing my way with a soft smile.

"Unfortunately, no. I am a knitter, though." Mum informs him. It makes me roll my eyes with the fattest smirk. She knits, indeed.

"That is unexpectedly nice." Marcel responds slowly, both of them catching me in the act.

"Yeah, I like it a lot, to my children's despair."

"Why do you say that?"

"We are the Weasleys at Christmas, Mace. It's ridiculous." I mock my mother to give him an idea of my mother's intricate love for knitting.

"The Weasleys?"

"Yeah, our Christmas gifts are mainly knitted mits, slippers, jumpers, hats, or even socks."

"What are The Weasleys?" Marcel frowns and looks around the table for someone to answer him as I take a sip of wine.

"In Harry Potter..." Dad informs him, and I'm hoping Mace will get the joke now.

"Oh, I haven't read them."

I choke on my wine and almost spit it out before I look at him. He has the purest look of innocence in his eyes, but I don't mind. I'm outraged. This is nonsense.

"You what?!?!"

"I know what Harry Potter is but I haven't read the books or seen the movies."

"You haven't lived!" I look at him wide-eyed. I can't believe I've shared a bed with this man and I didn't even share my love of Harry Potter.

"You shouldn't have said that in this family, Marcel. Our children will crucify you." Dad warns him, a big smile on his lips.

"Thank God I only have Grace to deal with today." Mace retorts with ease.

"She is the worst of them." Dad murmurs to him.

"I cannot believe you. It's like you are breaking my heart. Who doesn't know Harry Potter?"

"He doesn't, apparently." Mom joins me by mocking my friend.

"We have to reevaluate this situation." I tell him, pointing my finger seriously at him. I can't believe it. How hasn't it come up yet?

I get up from my chair in the dining room and head to my childhood bedroom. At the top of my shelves, I see the seven books lined up. I take them and wipe the dust from them. I carry them back to the table where I lay them all in order in front of my publisher. He looks at me with a gorgeous dimpled smirk.