CH IX. A baby shower??

4 days later

Shadow's POV.

I had officially moved in with Amy, and I guess that lie she had told Sonic turned out to not be such a lie either since she had decided that she did in fact want to renovate her house, which I had no problem helping her out with. Things between us two are still sorta awkward though.

One moment we'll be getting along just fine and another moment it's like we're strangers and just awkward with each other.

We had talked after I moved in and we decided we'd only tell our close friends about me being the father, I decided I would only inform Rouge about me being the father which was.. gonna be a long story to explain to her.

Amy told me she'd only tell Vanilla, she told me she wanted to ask Vanilla for some advice as well. I see nothing wrong with it, Vanilla herself was in a similar situation to Amy's. She was also a young single mother, although Amy will be having my help as well, she still wanted some of Vanilla's input on the whole situation.

Rouge was coming over today, we would be alone since Amy decided she'd just go visit Cream and Vanilla to talk more in private.

I was lounging on the couch watching tv to cure my boredom, until I heard a knock at the door. Rouge is here, I mentally prepared myself before I got up and answered the door, inviting her in.

"Thanks for having me over Shad, but as important as our talk is according to you. Why are we in Amy's house?" Rouge asked as she walked into the kitchen and sat at the island counter.

"Well, it's a very long story, I need you to have a very open mind Alright? Now before you get mad at me, let me explain the situation." I said as I sat across from her.

She looked at me with a puzzled look on her face, nonetheless she nodded.

"Alright.. I'm listening." She spoke.

I took in a deep breath and sighed as I mentally prepared myself to tell her the situation and earn a mouthful from her.

Amy's POV.

"Oh honey, of course come on in, talk to me." Spoke Vanilla as she invited me in and sat me down at the table.

I was less nervous to talk to Vanilla as I am to Cream, Vanilla was much older and she'd obviously understand my situation.

I sighed and began to explain my situation to Vanilla, how it all happened, everything, all the way from the conflict with Sonic, to how I became pregnant, and to Shadow being the father.

"Ah I see.. don't worry honey, I completely understand you. But wow, I never thought sir Shadow would be one to not be safe and careful about his decisions.. if I'm honest I thought you'd end up pregnant and married with young Sonic" Vanilla spoke as she drank her tea.

"Not to worry though! The best piece of advice I can give you is to stay calm and strong, you don't wanna stress yourself out too much. You're going to be a mother and too much stress is bad for the baby." She continued and offered me some sweets which I politely declined.

"I was so stressed beforehand and worried about what I was going to do, especially after my big argument with Sonic. I was all alone, luckily Shadow is here for me. I'm so thankful for him, he's taking responsibility for the baby and even supporting me and helping out with little basic things that he doesn't have to. I don't understand why though.." I said and she nodded.

"Since Mr. Shadow is helping you out you shouldn't have a problem with anything. You should be having a smooth and easy pregnancy, you're lucky he's very helpful. It's obvious why he's helping you out so much Amy, he cares about you. You're the mother of his son, if he didn't feel anything for you or saw you as a mere friend he wouldn't be helping as much as he has been." She said.