[01] where the hell has she been?

Bakugou yawned. He didn't sleep, more like he couldn't whenever he tried to. It had been one year since all the drama. Today, was his birthday.

The sunlight shone on his face telling him to get up. It's Monday. Sighing loudly, he got up, switching on the T.V. maybe to distract himself but nothing worked. It was always her on his mind. The girl he loved. The girl he almost choked to death. He remembered her burning neck against his hand.

Where was she? She just disappeared. No one knew what happened to her. And it troubled him to death.
He knew he still loved her. They dated for five years, of course he did. But things change, he told himself, waiting for another day to move on, but never could. More than moving on, he wanted to see how she was doing.

The blonde entered his agency, walking to his office. A glimpse of green hair was seen.

"Deku." Bakugou opened the door, causing him and all might to stand up. "What are you doing here?"

"Kaachan. Are you okay? You don't look so good."

"I'm fine. Get to the point."

"We've found that woman." He spoke causing Kastsuki's head to snap at them with wide eyes.

"F/n?" He asked, knowing it was her, THAT woman. No one considered her as a friend anymore.

He was grateful that they found her, he didn't show it one bit, but he was. Finally, he can see her.

"Yes. Her." All might pinched the bridge of his nose continuing, "and we need her for your next mission. You are okay with that?"

"You want me to work with her?"

"Yes. I know you were engaged and it's going to be awkward but a new villain is spotted and both of your quirks are extremely important for this one. You two are best suited for this job."

"We know her location. Convince her to work again. I think she might agree if it's you because after all she dated you. Now maybe she will just want attention." Izuku let out, it came out as harsh.

Bakugou's heart clenched, "Shut up, Deku." He growled. "Message me the location. I'll go now."

"Are you still in love with her, Kaachan?" Izuku said, stopping him.

"That's none of your business!" He gritted his teeth, walking when he heard a ding on his phone. He exited his office and sighed in relief.

"Where the hell has she been?" He whispered to himself, going closer to the tiny wooden house in the woods. This dumbass really didn't get any better place to live. Is she gonna die with the money or something? Why not use it to at least take care of herself! He nagged her in his mind and knocked on the door. But no one came to answer it.

"Tch!" He went around the house looking for a window. He peeped inside only to see her laying down, trembling with a blanket on, her eyebrows were furrowed up in pain.

He frowned and rushed inside, kicking the door open.

F/n flinched at the sound but she had no energy to get up and see who it was. Well, it wasn't needed because soon, in front of her was Bakugou. Her eyes widened as she tried to sit up.

"Stay where you are." His voice. Katsuki's voice. "I'll come."

But she didn't listen and stood up, and with wobbling legs, she walked closer to him.

His gaze fell on her neck as she walked small steps to cover the distance between them. It hurt him seeing the burn marks he caused on her neck.

A soft but bruised hand reached over to his cheek. He looked into her eyes through his mask. Her hand was burning hot and he noticed it right away.

"Y-You're real!?" Her breath hitched. She couldn't stand up anymore.

"Wha-" Before he could finish, she collapsed in front of him. He caught her before she could fall. She had high fever, he knew as he touched her forehead and cheek. He sat on a knee with her in his arms, snatching and wrapping the blanket around her.

"If you stay here, of course you'd get sick, idiot." He looked around the only one room present in the house. There was a kitchen but nothing to eat was there. There were bottles of water near where she laid down before on the floor and her bag was packed. The place was clean but dull. It felt so empty, lifeless.

He remembered how she lit up everything with just one sweet smile of hers, but this was just the opposite. Nothing was good here. He had to take her with him.

He picked her brittle body up in his arms and then went to pick her bags. Wearing the two duffle bags, he stopped to see if anything was left. But no. Just the blanket, wrapped on her.

Finally at his house, he relaxed on his couch. He, all of a sudden, was sleepy. But he knew he couldn't sleep. The fact that F/n was now there with him on top of him with her head on his chest, wrapped in blankets, relieved him more than ever as his eyes closed automatically, wrapping his arms around her securely.

A gasp was heard right when he felt something wet on his shoulder. He opened his eyes to see a wide eyed F/n with tears trailing down her cheek. He realised the position they were in and averted his gaze while he quickly let her go.

She shifted from his lap to the couch.

It was evening, already? He noticed that he had slept through the noon.

"Uh-" She wiped her tears and sniffled. Her heart hammered in her chest. She closed her eyes for a moment and opened it, looking at him. Her eyes were empty and lifeless. It sent a shiver down his spine as she spoke, "Why am I here?"

"There's a mission...for us and we need your quirk."

Her heart clenched again. Of course that'll be the only reason, she thought.

"And so there is no one that could replace me?"

"I don't think there is."

She breathed in sharply, "I'll do it."

That was easy. He thought.

"Why Did you bring my bags with me too?" She asked, after a while.

"Yes, you're not gonna stay in that nasty place while working with me. Stay here till you work and then you can go live in trash and I wouldn't care." He blurted out immediately regretting.

Why the fuck did I say that?!, He thought looking at her dead expression. She looked indifferent.

"Right." She said but her voice cracked, followed with a cough to hide that the words hurt her.

His gaze fell on her hand, the ring finger then the ring. "You, You still wear it?"

Her eyes widened looking at his surprised face. She covered her hand.