Chapter 20

In and out, Daiyu and May adopted Joseph from the rescue shelter. He was a small creature with a white chest and black body. He was definitely wearing a tuxedo, Daiyu cooed.

Astonishingly, Joseph croaks like a frog when he meows.

Despite disliking cats for years, even Daiyu wasn't immune to Joseph's charms. May might as well be in heaven at this point.

In the meantime, Daiyu snaps photo after photo of Joseph napping, as May flips through tv channels on their cable.

"I think I'm in love with this cat," Daiyu murmurs, barely heard over the sound of the tv speakers.

May chuckles, "You've been pressed to his side since he arrived. Not even that, since you saw him at the rescue center! Change suits you." Daiyu doesn't acknowledge her comment, instead, leaning on one side of the sofa as to not disrupt the sleeping furbaby.

"I hate feeling this soft. It makes me want to strangle an English boy and then cuddle Joseph right after," Daiyu deadpans as May bellows with laughter.

Once the silence starts to settle in, May turns on her side. "You can do both later. Come cuddle me instead," she says, making grabbing hands towards her.

Daiyu tsks but undeniably slips into her arms with a warm smile.

...

harry, i'm sorry

*photo attached*

we got joseph

i love him and there's nothing
you can do about it

*1 hour later*

MY DAY WAS GOING SO
WELL AND YOU SEND ME
THIS??

RUINED.

MF I DID NOT SAY YOU
COULD GET HIM

i love him

I don't give a shit, piss off

You've sinned and now I
can't look at you the same

that hits hard

but i love him, pa

We'll talk later.

why, what are you doing?

Ruining people's lives

OMG CAN I JOIN?

That was a test

I'm not ruining people's
lives but simply making
them better with my
presence alone

You're a terrible person.

i-i don't know what to say

just the prospect of hurting
british people gets me going

d-does that make me a terrible person?

Yes and also no

But that was another test