I AM THE CHAMPION

"Bonjour! Je m'appelle Avery. J'aime danser, chanter, et manger. J'adore manger. Je ne suis pas grande. J'aime verte." I spoke in French easily, considering I'm fluent in French and 4 other languages. Not including English. Yeah. But I am fluent in that so... I stare out the window this period also because I learned all of this.

LALALALAAKAL
LAALALALALA
Lalala

La

ANYWAY.

The bell rang and Emma had to go the other way, so I was walking by myself. I was walking to class when I ran into the Snobby Sluts.

"Oh, look. It's little miss perfect." Jessica growled. When she finished talking some boy ran up. He was very handsome, most likely very popular and most likely on the football team.

"Hey Justin" She purrs. She went from growling like a dog to purring like a kitten.

"Who's this?" He glances at me with a half smile.

Why are all the boys players here?

"This is the bitch who stood up to me today" she pouted. He glanced at me again, but with a bigger smile.

"I'm Justin Pyles."

Another suspect.

"Star quarterback." He flashes a smile with blinding white teeth.

Stuck up.

"Nice to meet you" I lie to him. I'd much rather say 'hope you fall off a cliff when on fire' but I can't hate him because of the whole suspect thing. whatever.

"Go to class, I'll catch up with you later sweetie ok?" He tells her. She nods and walks off. As soon as she's out of ear reach he turns to me.

"Hey babe. Wanna go to my place after school?" He wiggles his eyebrows.

Man whore.

"Sorry, but if you we're on fire, and I had a glass of water next to me, I would drink the water." I smiled sweetly, then I walk off, with him staring. And not at the back of my head. At my ass. Boys. *rolls eyes*

I get to class just as the bell rings. This class I need to actually pay attention, because it's my worst subject. I sit down next to a random person and look up at the teacher. I can already tell I can like this teacher. She is short, spunky, and loud. All of which is me.

"Hey guys! How was your weekend?" She asks. A murmur of goods went around the classroom. "Who the new girl?" She looks at me.

"Avery White." I tell her. She nods.

"Nice ta meet ya. Today we will be starting a class novel. It is called Cross my Heart and Hope to Spy." When she said that title I nearly choked on the air in breathing. Luckily no one noticed. "It's part of a series, but you really don't need to read the first one first. Here are the books." She distributed the books, and I'm excited to read it. Ironically, I never read it. I open to the first page, but then close it. I'm gonna need it for my later classes. She starts to talk about something, and I have trouble listening.

I'm gonna get like a B in this class.

Oh well. After the lesson, the bell rings, and I have lunch.

I walk in the café and look for a place to sit.

"Avery, over here!" Justin calls. I see Jessica hit him and furiously shake her head. He just shrugs and looks back at me.

"No." And walk away. I sit at a table with a group of girls.

"Hi! I'm Amber!" A short girl says.

"PINK FLUFFY UNICORNS" one girl says.

"DANCING ON RAINBOWS" I finish.

"She's good with me. I like her." the same girl says. I smile, as do the others.

"So I'm Amber, that's Kayla, that's Aubrey, that's Emma, and lastly Lilly." She points to each girl. I met Emma already. Aubrey is a suspect, but I can't see it. She seems to. Nice.

But never judge a book by its cover.

"Kayla likes unicorns. Lilly likes frogs. Aubrey likes dogs, Emma likes horses, and I like cats." Ok, why did I need to know that? Oh well. Amber continued to babble as I ate. Before I knew it, the bell rang and my favorite class was up.

Gym.

I'm gonna beat Justin's ass if he's in this period.

That will be fun.

I quickly change into my gym uniform and run out. And I see a man-made obstacle course.

First are tires you need to run through, then someone hung ropes from the ceiling to climb. Then a climbing net, then a sprint spot.

I am so gonna beat everyone at this.

I go over to a gym class to ask which one I'm in. I happen to be in this one. Yaaaay. I sit down and stretch like everyone else.

"Today we will be doing obstacles! The person with the shortest time gets the satisfaction of winning. Justin. You go first." YES HEs IN MY CLASS. IM GONNA WATCH HIS SORRY ASS AS I BEAT HIM. Am I over confident for this? Yes. But did I train on a similar obstacle course? Yes. And did I have really good timing on it? Yes. So I think I'm good. Justin got 46.8 seconds. He messed up on the rope climb.

Slowpoke.

"Hey Avery, if you don't beat me you gotta come to my house after school." Justin bets without my ok.

"And if I beat you, you owe me 20 bucks." He nods.

A few more people go, but don't beat his score. I'm going last. No one expects me, little miss math genius to beat him.

I love proving people wrong.

I start off running through the tires with ease. There are 8 total, and I get in and out of that course. Next is the rope climb. I dig my finger nails in the rope, and pull myself up with the help of my legs. Then I climb down quicker than up, and I'm currently like 10 seconds ahead of Justin. I climb the net easily, because one of our old trainers LOVED the nets and wouldn't let you off training until you got up and down the net in under 6 seconds. And for the sprinting, we would have to sprint for hours, so a short distance is nothing. I finished in half the time he did. When I got back, everyone had their mouths open, including the gym teacher.

"That was... Amazing! Where did you learn to do that?" the gym teacher asks me.

"My dad got me training lessons everyday so I could protect myself. Obstacle courses were part of the training." I lie to her smoothly, but it took nearly everything not to choke up on the word 'dad'

Avery White, who can beat up a man twice her size, tears up at the word Dad and mom.

That's great. The gym teacher nods, and sends us back to the locker rooms. I got several pat on the backs, CUZ apparently 'no one EVER beats Justin in ANYTHING!' so I got dressed and headed out of the locker room to theater arts. I love to act, so I'm really excited about this class. When I get there I see Emma making googly eyes at someone. I look to see who, and see Nate.

Maybe I won't like this class much...