chapter seven

you decided to leave a love letter for mirabel because it sounded easier than confessing in person.

you waited for a couple days for a response, but you hadn't gotten one. you became nervous until mirabel spotted you in town and ran over.

"(y/n)! hey! i got your letter, it was so beautifully written!"

"...really?" you looked away for a bit then looked back. "what did you think?"

"i... love you too."

this was perfect...

"we're friends after all, right? and friends are supposed to love each other."

oh.

"um, mirabel, i didn't mean it in a friend way..." as you said that, she looked at you confusedly. "i kind of meant it like more than that..."

mirabel looked surprised, like she never expected anyone to like her like that. and she didn't, honestly.

it was silent for some time, and your nerves came back, but then mirabel smiled and said, "well, i love you too! as friends, and as more."

"really?"

"yeah!"

"so... are we dating now?"

"only if you want to be!" she saw you nod enthusiastically. "okay, well, in that case... if we're dating, i can do this..."

she leaned in and kissed you. it took you a couple seconds to process what was happening, but once you did, you immediately kissed back. she smiled against your lips before pulling away.

"i... have stuff to do, so see you tomorrow?" she asked.

"yeah!"

she then walked away.

bruno walked past you, too, and said "february 12."