chapter five

...okay, so maybe not everything was fine. the next you heard of mirabel, the casita had completely fallen apart and no one was able to find her.

that really worried you.

you cared about mirabel, a lot actually, and you really hoped she was okay. you had even helped the madrigals look for her.

it almost seemed like no use, you would panic and just hope and hope and just keep hoping that mirabel was okay.

and she was, you knew when you saw her come back on horseback with her abuela and... bruno?

...you decided to leave mirabel to talk with her family, especially since bruno was back.

🥶

a few days after everything, mirabel had invited you over, and you, of course, went over. the new casita was amazing, and you liked seeing how much happier everyone looked. isabela especially looked a lot happier.

but you liked seeing mirabel the most.

"so, a lot has happened!" mirabel said.

"i can tell," you said. "but you don't have to explain it all, i think i got the gist from what i've seen."

"okay," she smiled.

you kind of wanted to kiss her, but it wasn't the right time, not just yet. you still had to confess and all, that was the right way for things to go...

"you're really pretty," you said. then you covered your mouth, you didn't mean to say that.

but mirabel smiled, "thank you. you are too."

you blushed. "i..."

"mirabel, come here!" you heard, and you were pretty sure that was camilo.

"oh! i have to go see what camilo wants, i'll be back, okay?" mirabel smiled and ran off. you waved at her as she left and then noticed dolores standing by the door.

"do you... like mirabel?" dolores asked, then squeaked.

"um..."

"i won't tell anyone."

part of you doubted that, but considering dolores most likely knew bruno was still around and didn't tell anyone, something told you to trust her.

"um, yes. yes, i do."

dolores squeaked again and then walked off.

a/n ngl i might make a dolores x reader in the future 😫