Chapter 11: Some weird compliments

Ralsei's POV.
A/N: Let's give the little goat bean some deserved attention. I feel like he has been cast aside a little by the lovebirds ;)

We encountered a few more opponents, which we successfully managed to spare once again but... There was something weird happening between Kris and (Y/n). During the battle, they would sometimes make remarks or give compliments to eachother. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy they're getting along but some of these compliments are... kind of weird.

Like at the beginning of the battle, Kris kept glancing at (Y/n) and she told him to quit getting destracted, which she was totally right. But then Kris said that she was his favorite distraction and gave a wink in her direction. It made (Y/n)'s face go red again before she shoved him in the shoulder.

Author's Note
Kris:       3.        (Y/N):       1

Or towards the end of the battle, (Y/n) tapped him on the shoulder and said "You know, I really like having your scent in my nose. It's intoxicating.~" Kris's face also became slightly red. Not as much as (Y/n) but still noticeable.

Author's Note
Kris:       3.        (Y/N):       2

Even the opponents gave a squeel with big smiles on their faces as they watched the two but I didn't get it. I know they are acting, that's what you are supposed to do in a battle but... Those compliments are not directed at the Rudins's infront of us but rather at each other. 'Maybe it's a distraction tactic? Maybe they want to confuse them? Well they are certainly confusing me with their behavior. I might have to ask them about that later.'

Not long after that battle, we came across a distressed darkener wearing a cooking hat and apron. Besides him, was a table with a cake on it, which looked absolutely smashed. I decided to talk him. "Uhm, excuse me sir. Can you tell us what happens here?" He immediately turned to us, talking in a very thick accent. "Mama miba! I'm Topchef! My latest cake worked me to exhaustion! So I took a little nap... But, Mama miba! A scary noise woke me up! A beast was hunched on the table, eating the cake like an animal! I spritzed it with water and it hissed and ran off! But, my wonderful cake is..."

The three of us turned to each other.  "A beast! Was she like a purple/pink lizard lady with anger issues?" (Y/n) asked Topchef. He eagerly nodded. "Si! SI! That is the beast who ate my cake! Mama miba!" My best friend facepalmed. "That's gotta be Susie..."

"That means we must be going the right way. Maybe if we hurry, we can catch up to her!" I exclaimed, maybe we can convince Susie to join our quest to save the world somehow. I know there must be a way, even if I know that won't be easy. "Well, we kind of have to before she causes more trouble. Hey, Topchef. Would you mind if we take some of your cake? I bet it still tastes good." (Y/n) asked for permission to bring a piece of the broken cake with us. Topchef smiled, probably relieved that anyone would still want to eat the mess on the table, before nodding. The girl gave him a thanks and scooped some cake from the table, wrapping in in a cloth before putting it in her bag. "Thank you so much topchef. It really helps us and I promise, when we have finished our journey, I'll come back and help you bake a cake that's twice the size of your old one." I promised to him. He already seemed a lot happier than before.

~Little time skip~

After another victorious battle and puzzle solving, we arrived at what (Y/n) called the maze of death. There was another sign of Lancer.

ᗷEᕼOᒪᗪ, TᕼE ᗰᗩᘔE Oᖴ ᗪEᗩTᕼ!
ᑭᖇEᑭᗩᖇE TO GET ᒪOST, ᑕᒪOᗯᑎS!!!
- ᒪᗩᑎᑕEᖇ

I turned towards my friend and guard with a bit of concern, since I knew she lived in these lands before. "Don't worry it's not as extrem as he makes it out to be. It's actually quite simple. And if I remember correctly there should be a chest somewhere around here. Darkeners usually put stuff in there they no longer use. Who knows, could be something useful in there." She explained, taking the lead with me and Kris following close behind her.

Along the way, we came across some very beaten up enemies. (Y/n) growled under her breath." Ugh, that could only have been done by Susie! That reckless excuse of a-- im going to clobber her when we find her." She cleches her fists and I put a hand on her shoulder in hopes of calming her down. "(Y/n), please don't. I know that Susie isn't that bad of a person." She raised an eyebrow and gestures towards the piles of defeated darkneres, as if asking "Are you not seeing this?"

"I know it might not look like it now, but there's a spark of good in her, you'll see. Kris, you agree right? After all, you know Susie better than we do." I was hoping the Lightner hero would now say that Susie usually isn't this reckless, that the two of them are friends but he norrowed his eyebrows, giving me an apologetic look. "Sorry Ralsei, but reckless bully Susie is the only versions of her I have met until now." The smile on my face vanished and I gave out a sigh. "M-Maybe you haven't seen the good in her yet, because she doesn't like to show it. I know that deep down is a heroic side of her noone ever got to see. I'm certain there is, you'll see." My determined smile came back and my two friends gave me small smiles of their own. They might not believe it yet but they will, with time.

~another small timeskip~

"Guys look. There's the chest I mentioned earlier" (Y/n) called and the three of us gattered around as Kris kneeled down to open it. Inside was a white ribbon. "Aww that ribbon is very cute." I exclaimed. "Sure is." My guard friend agreed with a nod. "Hey Kris, maybe you should try it on. I bet it would look adorable on you.~" (Y/n) giggled, muffeling it with her hand. 'Oh no, are the weird compliments starting again?'

Kris looked down at the ribbon before standing back up and made his way behind (Y/n). She tried to turn around but he grabbed her by her shoulders and kept her facing towards me. She shot a questioning look towards me mouthing: 'What is he doing?' I shrugged my shoulders and just watched the scene unfold. Kris lifted the ribbon and carefully tied it around (Y/n)'s ponytail. It looked so adorable on her and I couldn't help but clap excitedly.

Kris layed his hands back on her shoulders and leaned down towards her ear, whispering. "I think you look way cuter with it. The opponents won't even dare to injure such a beautiful angel." 'Yeah, the weird compliments are starting again. - _-'

Author's Note:
Kris:       4.        (Y/N):       2

(Y/n)'s face turned red again, burying it back into her hand, just like she had done earlier. "Damn you Kris! I'll overtake you somehow, you'll see.~" She announced, pretty determined before shoving Kris away from behind her. I noticed a small smirk growing in the Lightners lips, slightly leaning down to my friend to look her in the eyes.

"I will only believe it when I see it, doll.~"

~to be continued~

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°