Chapter 6: The Bad Guy, Lancer

(Y/n) 's POV.

I can't believe this punk girl! How dare she be so uninterested in something that could mean the end of the world. That boy seemed to think so too because I could slightly tell, he was glaring at her.
I stepped forward with my hands in fists and stomping my feet on the ground.  Ralsei put his hand on my shoulder in hope to calm me while trying to convince this Susie. 'Luckily, he knows how I act to people that are rude for no reason.'

"B-But Susie, without you, the.... The world will..." Susie caught him off, obviously not wanting to hear any of his reasoning. "So what? If the world gets destroyed... It's none of my damn business. Might even be kind of fun, honestly." Ralsei didn't know how to respond to that. He thought that both of the heroes would be on board in an instant. But to be honest, while I was watching them walk through the cave earlier, I already got the feeling that this won't be so easy. With this Susie girl, at least. The boy, who I guessed was named Kris, seemed to be at least more reasonable.

"Oh, you got some nerve!" I snapped at her and I probably would have thrown hands if it wasn't for Ralsei's hand on my shoulder holding me back. "Yeah, I know I got some nerve, little girl." 'That's it!' "LITTLE GIRL?! I'LL SHOW YOU LITTLE GIRL?!"

'Oh, how badly I wanted to kick her teeth in' I launched forward but my best friend still held me back, now basically hugging my arm to make sure I stayed were I was. Because of the capes we were both wearing, it was hard to give looks but I saw him shake his head. I took a deep breath before stepping back a bit.

"Ooooooo, you're kinda feisty! I like it! Anyway, Kris..." The boy turned his attention, which was derected at me, to his companion. I'm not sure if I should call them friends. From what I've seen, Susie was nothing but rude to Kris the entire way here and he said nothing about it.  Now that I think about it, he didn't say anything at all yet. "If YOU wanna play pretend with this weirdo and his Guardian-wannabe... Stick around. I'M going to find a way out if here."

I let out a quiet growl at what she called us. 'Guardian-wannabe? We'll see who's the wannabe here once she realizes she needs our help to get home.' I grin to myself, knowing that these two can't return to the Lightner's world until we destroyed that other fountain. "Susie... Wait!" Ralsei called out just as she turned around to walk away. I personally would have let her go. But suddenly, our conversation was interrupted by an all to familiar laugh.

I looked to the left and saw the young prince of Spades, also known as Lancer drive at us on his bicycle at an incredible speed. "Watch out!!" I called out, pushing me and Ralsei to the side as Lancer stopped where we once stood. "Ho Ho Ho! The heroes are already running away... And they didn't even know I was here. My dad's gonna make me son of the month!" He said excitedly, as if he couldn't wait.

"Who the hell are you!?" Susie asked, clearly confused at the young darkneres sudden appearance. "I'm... The bad guy!" He exclaimed, turning once before striking a pose. "You clowns want to seal the dark fountain, huh!? And- Still picturing you guys as clowns- save the world from eternal darkness, huh!?"

I sighed in slight annoyance. "Lancer...-" I began, meaning to ask what he was doing here, while still standing protectively in front of Ralsei. "Don't try to deny it...! We both know you'll go east! It's the only way for them home! But I, Lancer, won't let you go there! And I've got a flawless two step plan to ensure it.
Step one: I trash you!
Step two: You lose!"

Me and Kris rolled our eyes. 'That's a horrible plan! Then again, he IS only 9 years old.' Susie seemed to be intreact by the boy's words, a huge grin growing on her face, showing off her yellow teeth. "Hmm. Nice plan kid." Lancer's smile fell. He totally didn't expect her to say that. "R-Really...?" 'I don't have a good feeling about this...'
"Yeah, actually... Mind if we use it on you instead?" At the last bit, she got this almost insane look in her eyes, she flashed her teeth while slight drool fell from her mouth. I have to admit, even I was intimated by this, so much that I stretched my arm out to shield my prince.

The two lightners pulled out their weapons. Kris got out a sword and Susie had a tight grip around an axe. I was about to pull out by bow and run over but Ralsei pulled my back by my cloak. "No, wait. Let these two take this one." He whispered. "What! But!" He layed his other hand on my hand that already had a grib on the bow, which was located on my back. "Trust me, I'm curious on how these two will handle this fight. What do you think?"

I sighed before letting go off my bow. We watched the three fighting. "Well, personally. I'm sure Susie is someone who will fight and hurt other individuals to get were she wants to go. She's tough. And I'm sure she's strong but I can't see her act just yet. " I analyzed the situation and just as I thought, Susie went straight to the attack, causing Lancer to take a surprisingly big amount of damage. "This could be a problem in our quest. As for Kris...." I saw Kris glaring at Susie again, at least, I think he was glaring at her, his dark blue bangs made it hard to see his eyes. "I'm not so sure about his fighting technique, he seems like could do both, fight and act, but he's frustratingly hard to read. We'll just have to wait and see..."

"Halt, Clowns! This bike is fueled by victory!!!" Lancer exclaimed, summoning some spade attacks and sending them at them both. Susie simply knocked the spades away from her with her axe while Kris began dodging with great skill. I have to say, I'm impressed! It took me years to get so good at dodging, and he seemed to do it with really little effort.

After a while, Lancer took a break with his attacks and now it was Kris's turn. I was highly curious on what he would do. Kris thought for a moment before lowering his sword and pointing towards Lancer. "I can't tell the difference between your clothes and your body." He said with so much confidence. Me, Ralsei and Susie just stared at him like...

(I had way too much fun with Kris

(I had way too much fun with Kris. Like damn? :'))

"Was... Was that supposed to be a compliment?" I asked more myself than the prince behind me. He still be answered. "I... I have no idea... But it seems to work... surprisingly..." He was right, Lancer seemed flattered by this and his attack power went down. After breaking out of her confusion, Susie once again attacked Lancer, causing the same damage as before. "Oh! You make my feelings do wheelies! Sweet wheels!" I raised an eyebrows as the three continued fighting. 'Can this fight get any weirder?' Turns out, no it can't. Or it can but before we could see it, Lancer seemed to panic a little. "Wait! Wait a second! My bike's running out of fuel...! Alright, you punk-a-roos! You had the luck on the draw this time, but... Next time the losers will be YOU!!! Hahaha!!! Bye, losers!! I gotta get home before dinner!!!"

And with that he was gone, leaving Kris and Susie with their first victory here in the kingdom of darkness.

~To be continued~

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°