"She killed your brother," her mom spoke in disapproval. 

"I know mom, I know," he grumbled in frustration as he bent his head and locked his hands behind his neck.   

His mom leaned back and fixed her gaze on the wall in front of her. Disappointment and pain, were visible on her face as she stared ahead.

"You should go now," she said with a stoic face. A tear slid down her eyes. She already had lost her one son and now she was losing another.  

"Mom," he glanced up at her but she refused to look at him. He stared at her for a few moments but eventually rose to his feet to leave when he realized she didn't want him there. 

Leaning back on his car seat, he pulled a long drag of his cigarette while staring out at the hospital building. Everything was so complicated.

After taking the last drag, he tossed the cigarette butt out the window and started the engine.

"Why did she disappear?" he asked Jacques, his PI. His elbows were placed on the desk and his long fingers joined in a steeple. His stare was intimidating. 

Jacques gulped in nervousness.  

" Probably to escape Fransisco," he reasoned in a nervous tone. 

"She should have run days ago then?" Danzel shook his head in denial, clearly not convinced.

Sylvia had disappeared in thin air. He found out about it yesterday by his PI, Jacques. He found her sudden disappearance strange. She had no reason to vanish.

"Maybe..maybe she is killed," Jacques assumed

Danzel thought over it. 

Fransisco didn't know about her involvement. Even if he did, killing her now was just a waste. He knew Fransisco enough to know that he wouldn't do something like this.   

"Doesn't make sense," he concluded.

It was also the very reason, he gave Inessa a day to prove her innocence. 

"Why now?" he asked to himself. Her disappearance had filled him with doubts. 

"When did you find out about her disappearance?" he asked Jacques. 

"Tomorrow morning,"

"Her family?" 

"Her family has also disappeared," Jacques revealed. Now that made him even more suspicious. 

.............

Inessa was ecstatic that he gave her a chance to prove her innocence but was also anxious as to how she would do it in just a day. She had no idea where to begin, who to turn to. Everyone she knew had stabbed her in the back. There was only one person who always had her best interest in his heart. She decided to start the day by visiting him. 

Danzel had allowed her to leave the mansion but only under the watch of the man he had appointed. She was also handed back all her old stuff. 

Warm tears welled up in her eyes as she stood in front of his grave, her husband, her best friend. Regret struck her. Perhaps, he would have been alive if she had not forced him to come with her that day. She kneeled down and placed the flowers on his grave. She was guilty.  

She didn't know what to do now. Who will support her?

As she had no human to seek help from, she decided to look through her phone and laptop to find any evidence of her innocence. Just anything that could prove she hadn't killed him. Going through the data, she realizes someone had tampered with her stuff. She would have been surprised if she didn't know about Sylvia's betrayal, considering she had access to all her gadgets. She had no doubt that she had tampered with the data to make it look like something was going on between Fransisco and her. 

She couldn't understand what enmity did she have with her.

She was still raking her brain when her phone pinged. 

Get ready by 7. Ee are going to an event today

Danzel

Her heart leaped when she read his name. The message caused a wave of anxiety to hit her.

What game was he playing at now?  

What event? And why was he taking her to it? Can't he just leave her alone, she had just lost her best friend.   

............

A sigh escaped Danzel's mouth as he leaned back in his chair. He was mentally exhausted. The fact that Sylvia had left so suddenly was messing with his head. Maybe there was more to what meets the eyes. 

Was really there something between her and Fransisco? He decided to test it today.

Please Like And Comment